Transfer Made Easy
Transferring to Concordia University Irvine is an easy process! We waive the application fee for veterans and dependents using VA Educational Benefits.
CUI is not an impacted campus! We admit on a rolling basis, and have staff dedicated solely to making sure your transfer process is easy. Once your application file for admission is complete, meaning that we have your application, official high school and all college transcripts, we will make a decision within days. Give us a call!
For those that are using the Ch 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill ® that have 36 months of active duty time, and you qualify for the Yellow Ribbon Program, we have unlimited scholarships at an unlimited dollar amount—meaning you can attend a private university and have your tuition and mandatory fees fully covered!
- 128 semester units are required for graduation
- 32 semester units must be completed at CUI (18 of the last 24 must be completed at CUI)
- 33 semester units of upper-division coursework are required for graduation of which 21 units must be completed at CUI
- 18 units in the student's major and 9 units in the minor must be completed at CUI
- A maximum of 70 semester units are accepted from a two-year accredited community college
- A maximum of 96 semester units are accepted from a four-year accredited college/university
- All major required courses must be completed with a grade of C or better
- Up to 32 units of the Joint Service Transcript can be accepted. If you feel that one of your classes should be covered by your military experience please notify the Director of the Staff Sergeant Matthew Thompson Veterans Resource Center and they will help you fill out a Substitution Form to have the Program Director see if it can be approved.
- Graduation Requirements
Learn more about Admissions Transfer Info »
For a list of articulation agreements for local California Community Colleges please view Articulation Agreements.
Schedule a Visit
Transfer requirements: Students who have enrolled and earned units at a postsecondary institution prior to entering CUI following high school graduation (except for students who attended college for the first time during the summer immediately prior to fall admission at CUI) are considered to be transfer students. Requirements for transfer to CUI are as follows:
- Students who were eligible for admission as freshmen may transfer at any time with no minimum number of units and a minimum college GPA of 2.3.
- Students who did not meet admission requirements as freshmen must earn a minimum of 24 semester units from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum college GPA of 2.3.