Master of Healthcare Administration
Develop the knowledge and critical-thinking skills required of today’s healthcare professional through Concordia University Irvine’s Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA). With a focus on the management of a wide variety of healthcare institutions, this graduate degree program will prepare you for multiple career paths and empower you to fully live out a life of learning, service, and leadership.
- Leadership-oriented. The MHA program has been tailored for today's healthcare environment. The curriculum is designed around the core competencies that define professional excellence in healthcare administration: Leadership, Professionalism, Communication and Relationship Management, Healthcare Environment Knowledge, and Business Skills and Knowledge. In our unique series of leadership practicum courses, you will apply theory to practice in the workplace while addressing contemporary healthcare administration issues.
- Project-based learning. Our capstone practicum is designed as a team project in which you will act as a consultant to a local healthcare organization. Drawing from what you have learned throughout the program, this integrative exercise gives you the opportunity to work towards a real solution to a real problem in the healthcare industry, all while developing and examining your own management skills.
- Designed for working professionals. Earn your MHA within 24 months while taking 1 course at a time. This program is offered in our blended format. The blended format allows you to participate in face-to-face classes at our Irvine campus during the first and last weeks of each class, while completing the rest of your coursework online.
- Faculty who nurture and network. You will receive the highest level of instruction from both full-time faculty and practitioner faculty with current, working knowledge in the field of healthcare. The professors in the MHA program are actively engaged in the healthcare profession, committed to the professional development of their students, and often stay connected even after graduation.
- Well-connected in the healthcare industry. Concordia has developed strong relations with local healthcare industries, including Hoag Hospital, Children’s Hospital of Orange County, American Red Cross, and many others. These relations provide access to executives who lead and direct a diverse workforce, allowing for excellent professional resources.
For more information about the Master of Healthcare Administration, please fill out our inquiry form or contact our admissions counselor, Melissa Hinrichs, at (949) 214-3277 or email@example.com.
Concordia University is actively working with the Department of Homeland Security to provide student visas for international students seeking to join our Master of Healthcare Administration (MHA) program. Approval is pending and international students may be eligible for the MHA program in Spring 2017. Please check back for updates.