There has never been a better time to consider a Bachelor of Arts degree in Healthcare Management. Employment of medical and health services managers is expected to grow 20% from 2016 to 2026 according to the Bureau of Labor and Statistics.
Today’s healthcare environment is extremely dynamic as it evolves toward future collaborative solutions. The healthcare industry is experiencing changes in government regulations, resulting in a never-before-seen healthcare delivery landscape that requires a unique skill set. A focus on community-based health care has emerged, playing a crucial role in the quality, cost, and access of care. Healthcare managers hold jobs in a wide variety of sectors that include: hospitals, clinics, long-term care, information technology, nonprofit organizations, public health, mental health, insurance, marketing, finance, and public policy.
With a focus on professional development and advocacy, the bachelor's degree in Healthcare Management program at Concordia University Irvine prepares students to take advantage of the career opportunities that the changing healthcare industry provides. The Healthcare Management major educates students for professional positions that enhance the operational efficiency and effectiveness of healthcare and related organizations and improve the delivery of healthcare services. Examples of such positions are: Clinical Director, Practice Administrator, Medical Records Manager, Health and Social Services Manager, and Office Manager. God's gifting of individuals to fulfill their professional calling is highlighted throughout the program’s teaching and curriculum. With a deep academic foundation, graduates will be ready to move into leadership positions within the Healthcare industry.
Concordia University Irvine’s Healthcare Management Major is...
- Comprehensive. The Healthcare Management program offers a broad range of courses to cover subject matter needed to be successful in today’s demanding environment.
- Focused. From beginning to end, you will work closely with our faculty toward reaching the goal of entering the healthcare field.
- Practical.The Healthcare Management major combines theory with practice to provide an educational experience that prepares you for the challenges facing the healthcare industry as well as your job search.
- Progressive. Concordia University Irvine stays ahead of other universities by quickly adapting to the many changes and emerging trends in the dynamic healthcare field.
- Relevant. Our Healthcare Management program is fresh and new, so we’re not bound by outdated theories and practices. Consequently, the program is flexible and prepares you to be relevant and current in your chosen field.