Veterans Serving Veterans
Concordia University Irvine is an approved VA Work Study location. Students utilizing the GI Bill® and are at least ¾ time are allowed to apply and work in the VRC serving the needs of the veteran community. The VA pays you directly, tax free, at the highest rate of the CA or Federal minimum wage.
*We aim to give every qualified applicant a position! We fully realize that many of our students are transfers and want to make sure that you can start working your first semester at Concordia!
Duties may include:
- Answer phones for the VRC and provide routine information to VA beneficiaries visiting or contacting CUI
- Direct VA students to the appropriate office to assist them further with their needs on campus as a student
- Assist new VA students by providing them with information regarding benefits and documents required to set up their account and use VA educational benefits
- Meet with prospective VA beneficiaries and give them campus tours as needed
- Prepare office files for the School Certifying official to certify
- As VA students submit their schedules each term, check classes against the college degree audit ensuring that classes fit on their graduation plan
- File all VA documents once complete
- Shred VA documents no longer required to be maintained by the VRC
- Assist in monthly review and monitoring files verifying VA student’s enrollment each term
- Assist with the University’s veteran club, activities and meetings
- Other clerical tasks to help VA beneficiaries
Learn more about the VA Work Study program.
The VA Work Study Supervisor is the VRC Manager. Please submit all inquiries for application to [email protected] or 949-214-3129