Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing (ABSN)
If you hold a bachelor’s degree and are looking to transition to nursing, our Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing second degree option offers a fast-track to a new career. Build on the foundation of your prior coursework and complete your ABSN with hands-on experience, in as little as 15 months.
- Second degree option. As a prospective student, you must have completed a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts in any discipline from a regionally accredited institution. Concordia's ABSN is offered as a full-time, on-campus program. View prerequisites.
- Accelerated program. In addition to classroom time, you will complete 765 hours in clinical settings throughout the course of the program. It is possible to complete your nursing courses in as little as 15 months. See our timeline for average progression through the program.
- Personal attention. Our small class size allows you to interact with your professors on regular basis. You’ll engage in a challenging curriculum that promotes critical thinking, clinical reasoning, and leadership skills in a supportive and caring environment. CUI’s average range for acceptance is 18% - 22%.
- Respected reputation and accreditation. Approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) and accredited by the Commission of Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). The philosophy, objectives, and goals of Concordia University Irvine’s nursing division are congruent with: a) the Nurse Practice Act of California, b) Dr. Jean Watson's philosophy of caring in nursing, c) the mission and goals of CUI and, d) the standards identified by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- High NCLEX pass rate. Concordia students are well prepared for the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) and have an average first attempt pass rate between 93-95%.
- Value. Concordia's ABSN program allows you to pay for each course by unit rather than a fixed enrollment cost. Total tuition cost per semester is dependent upon the number of units in which you are enrolled. Financial Aid is available.
- Location. Located in Irvine, California, Concordia's Park Place campus is a state-of-the-art facility featuring a large skills lab, three simulation labs with sophisticated mannequins, additional classrooms, and a nursing station where students can practice hands-on nursing skills needed in a hospital environment.
For more information about the Accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing program at Concordia University Irvine, please fill out our inquiry form or contact our Admissions Counselor, Henny Halim at (949) 214-3022 or email@example.com.
CSAC – AB 2086 requires students to be able to view the institution's licenses examination passage rates: Board of Registered Nursing.