First Year | Exploration & Awareness
As a first-year student, the goal is to start identifying your interests, skills, passions, and strengths. Now is the perfect time to gain self-awareness, explore opportunities, and discover God’s calling for you. Below is a checklist of steps to take towards launching your 4 Year Career Roadmap.
- Complete a self-assessment tool and explore results with a career coach.
- Explore Focus 2 results in INT 100 or with a career coach.
- Connect your interests to a major, and consider your desired lifestyle.
- Begin career exploration with “What Can I do with this Major?”
- Talk with professors and personal contacts in your interested career field.
- Log in to Handshake and create a profile to search for future jobs and internships.
- Follow us on social media.
- Attend workshops such as Student Success Workshops
Romans 12:2 — Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.