Second Year | Involvement & Experience
As a second-year student, the goal is to gain experience in areas of leadership, volunteer, study abroad, and work. Now is a great time to get involved on campus and gain resume-building experience. Below is a checklist of steps to take towards continuing your 4 Year Career Roadmap.
- Build your network by connecting with professors, mentors, coaches, peers, bosses, and personal contacts. Reach out or connect at Student Life Events.
- Apply to serve as a student leader in either a paid or volunteer role to gain leadership experience.
- Gain leadership experience by joining a club or create a new club and serve as a club officer.
- Volunteer with Heritage Garden, a local church or organization. Sign up with Concordia Cares to serve with local community partners.
- Log in to Handshake to update your profile and search for part-time jobs and internships.
- Explore study abroad options for a semester.
- Follow us on social media.
- Attend Workshops + Events