Third Year | Professional Development
As a third-year student, the goal is to gain professional experience in areas internships, part-time jobs. Now is a great time to get a part-time job, internship, or develop professional skills and gain resume-building experience. Below is a checklist of steps to take towards continuing your 4 Year Career Roadmap.
- Review your career goals and check-in with how you are working towards those goals.
- Build your network by connecting with professors, mentors, coaches, peers, bosses, and personal contacts.
- Join CUI Connect and find an alumni mentor.
- Review your Handshake profile and social media presence. Determine the personal brand that you want to portray.
- Upload an updated resume to Handshake and apply for a part-time job or internship through Handshake.
- Explore graduate schools and programs.
- Attend the Fall Grad Fair.
- Meet with a career coach to help with mock interviews, resume reviews, and more.
- Follow us on social media.
- Attend Workshops + Events