About College Corps
Program Specifics & Benefits
As a College Corps Fellow, you’ll serve in the fields of K-12 Education, Food Insecurity, or Climate Action for a total of 450 hours over the course of the academic year (about 15 hours/week).
As a College Corps Fellow, you will:
- Receive a living stipend of up to $7,000 throughout your service term and an additional $3,000 Education Award upon the completion of 450 service hours.
- Gain real-world experience and skills while making a positive community impact.
- Earn academic credit, if you complete the fellowship in conjunction with an academic internship or practicum course.
- Get access to training, networking, and professional development opportunities.
- Connect with Fellows locally and across the state via a virtual community platform and regional events.
Students selected to join the Fellowship must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Needs to work part-time and/or borrow student loans to meet their educational costs
- Qualifies for a Federal Pell Grant
- Qualifies for a State Cal Grant or Middle-Class Scholarship
- Must be a US Citizen, US National, legal permanent resident or AB 540 Eligible Dreamer
Additionally, eligible Fellows are required to:
- Be enrolled as a full-time traditional undergraduate student at Concordia University Irvine.
- Complete a National Service Criminal History Check and Live Scan (upon selection).
- Maintain a 2.5 minimum GPA and remain in good academic standing.
- Commit to the program for the full 450 hours during the academic year (Aug-May).
- Study stateside for the entire academic year (no Study Abroad).
College Corps fellows will work with K-12 schools, food banks and pantries, or climate action organizations to invest in the local community and build more equitable solutions and resources for all Californians.
While the College Corps staff will try to place you in your top area of interest, the available positions are determined by community needs, so it’s not guaranteed.
College Fellows Orientation:
- Tuesday, August 15, 2023
- Wednesday, August 16, 2023
- Thursday, August 17, 2023
- Saturday, November 4, 2023
- Saturday, March 9, 2024
Submit Student Interest Form
Questions? Email Californians For All College Corps Fellowship Coordinator at [email protected].