Guided by the Great Commission, Concordia University is committed to student learning, service, and leadership. The Living Learning Communities do this by creating a progressive residential environment that is supportive of students developing personally, becoming responsible global citizens, and learning for a lifetime through meaningful interactions with faculty, staff and students.
Student Learning Outcomes
As a result of participating in a Living Learning Community (LLC), students will:
- Develop a sense of belonging in the university community.
- Be able to explain the various aspects of their identities and how it relates to diverse communities.
- Engage in collaborative and transformative educational experiences that promote socially conscious values, academic achievement, and the development of the whole scholar.
- Serve society in ethical and merciful ways, examining benefits gained and challenges encountered.
Concordia University currently offers 4 Living Learning Communities (LLCs) where students live together in a dedicated area of a residence hall. Each LLC includes faculty or staff in residence and is designed to deliver a variety of unique events and individualized services to support students in their academic and personal growth.
The Living Learning Communities are distinctive, theme-based residential learning environments that:
- Promote faithfulness
- Encourage student choice and design
- Align with the Concordia University Irvine mission and vision
"Every residence hall should be organized around a specific educational theme." - George Kuh