Serving as Faculty In Residence in a LLC is a unique opportunity to live with students and help them develop intellectually, socially, spiritually, and vocationally. Such a residential model of education has a good tradition in Lutheran higher education, going back to when Martin and Katherine Luther housed students in their home.
Faculty in Residence will:
- Initiate and sponsor formal and informal programs within one’s Living Learning Community including discussions, lectures, study breaks, or other small gatherings where students have the opportunity to talk with faculty or other appropriate guests.
- Provide 6-8 hours per week of student interaction and community involvement.
- Promote, enhance, and sustain faculty involvement in the Living Learning Community by encouraging greater faculty participation and facilitating meaningful encounters between students and faculty.
- Serve as a role model for adhering to all University and Student Housing policies and procedures.
- Establish positive relationships and frequent communication among the Faculty in Residence, RES professional staff, academic partners, and student leaders such as Resident Assistants, clubs, orgs etc.