Serving as Faculty In Residence in a LLC is a unique opportunity to live with students and help them develop intellectually, socially, spiritually, and vocationally. Such a residential model of education has a good tradition in Lutheran higher education, going back to when Martin and Katherine Luther housed students in their home.
Faculty in Residence will:
- Initiate and sponsor formal and informal programs within one’s Living Learning Community including discussions, lectures, study breaks, or other small gatherings where students have the opportunity to talk with faculty or other appropriate guests.
- Provide 6-8 hours per week of student interaction and community involvement.
- Promote, enhance, and sustain faculty involvement in the Living Learning Community by encouraging greater faculty participation and facilitating meaningful encounters between students and faculty.
- Serve as a role model for adhering to all University and Student Housing policies and procedures.
- Establish positive relationships and frequent communication among the Faculty in Residence, RES professional staff, academic partners, student leadership is essential for the success of this program.
If you are a full-time faculty member and are interested in this position, send a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information for three references (one of whom should be a student, and one of whom should be an endorsement from his or her department chair) to Erin Komin, at email@example.com. Feel free to reach out to her directly with any questions 949-214-3047.
Current Faculty in Residence
Our current faculty in residence and their families are housed in on campus apartments within their respective Living Learning Community. Faculty in residence host a multitude of academic and social events, discussions, and experiences throughout the year for their residential students. If you are interested in collaborating with any of the Faculty in Residence for one of their events, please feel free to reach out to them directly.
Dr. Kristen Koenig - Bella Amore LLC
Dr. Caleb Karges - Global Village LLC
Rev. Quinton Anderson - Wittenberg LLC
Dr. Jeff Mallinson - Honors LLC