Residential Education & Services
Welcome to the Residential Education and Services (RES) webpage. We hope this webpage will introduce you to the services we offer, inform you about the benefits of living on campus, and provide the necessary forms and paperwork. RES is dedicated to assisting our students in their holistic development and supporting them in becoming wise, honorable, and cultivated citizens. If you do not find what you need here, please feel free to contact the RES Office at (949) 214-3052 or email us at RES@cui.edu.
Welcome from the Associate Dean
The Residential Education and Services department at Concordia University works within the mission of the university to meet the many needs of students living in our Residence Halls. We empower students to make the most of their educational experiences by supporting them and offering opportunities to engage in learning, service, and leadership.
The college years are full of many challenges and opportunities for growth. As a Residential Education department, one of the most basic needs we work to meet is that of providing a healthy and safe place for students to live, but living on campus at Concordia is more than just a place to lay your head at night. Our primary purpose is to assist students in their personal and communal growth and development. This goal is accomplished through a variety of avenues. The Resident Assistants and Professional Staff members are here to serve our students, to help you connect with other students, the University, and the world. It is our desire for every student to find their unique “home” here at Concordia University.
Your time living in the Residence Halls can be as fulfilling as you choose to make it. We encourage you to get to know your neighbors by participating in hall and building activities. If you love more intentional community living, check out or Living Learning Communities. We offer an on-campus fitness center (CU Active) and a bike rental program (CU Rides) to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle and explore the Orange County area. We provide the opportunities, but your engagement with the community is entirely up to you. We hope you make the most of it.
Associate Dean of Students
The department of Residential Education and Services is committed to developing meaningful living communities through maximizing co-curricular opportunities, modeling lives of faithfulness in Christ, and empowering students to intentionally contribute to the CUI community.
- Embody the mission of the University
- Develop students (holistically)
- Help students find their uniqueness and how it relates within the context of community
- Live out our faith in practical and tangible ways as we live with students
- Create opportunities for intentional engagement
- Establish and provide structure/guidelines leading to a safe living environment
- Initiate programs, conversations, and procedures that educate and prepare our students for the world beyond Concordia University Irvine
- Create and maintain a community for our students to be a part of something bigger than themselves
Student Learning Outcomes
The Division of Student Affairs works to fulfill the mission of Concordia University Irvine through its commitment to the holistic growth, development, and success of students. Our team is dedicated to creating opportunities for engagement and learning in a supportive, caring, and Christ-centered environment. We equip students to achieve their goals and to become wise, honorable, and cultivated citizens in a global society.
Aligned with the University and the Division of Student Affairs mission statements, the Division of Student Affairs at Concordia University Irvine developed measurable Student Learning Outcomes (SLO) to ensure our programs and services are purposeful and meaningful to our students. The SLOs exist to provide depth for students engaged in our programs and services and, moreover, to ensure intentional learning. The following tenets were used as a foundation in developing the SLOs:
- Students will contribute to a healthy and safe living environment.
- Students will participate in meaningful co-curricular activities that contribute to the CUI community and their personal growth.
- RES staff will help students identify their resources on campus.