Skip to Main Content

Welcome to your new university home!

We are glad that you have chosen Concordia as the place you will finish your degree and teaching credential.

Most of the information you need regarding admissions, coursework, and our program will be found under the Elementary Teachers' webpage. However, as transfer students into the Liberal Studies major, you most likely have questions about transferring units.

There are two separate unit transfer tasks. The first is transferring units to Concordia University Irvine for general credit, and the second is transferring units for your Liberal Studies major. The first task is done by the Registrar’s office. The second is done with your academic advisor in conjunction with the School of Education.

Concordia University Irvine Liberal Studies major is part of California's Elementary Subject Matter Preparation (ESM) program. Therefore, Concordia University Irvine students in this major who pursue the Multiple Subject credential will not be required to take the California Subject Examination Test (CSET).

When picking coursework to complete at another university or college for transferring into the Liberal Studies major, it is important that those classes hold to the academic rigor and content material equivalent to the courses at Concordia University Irvine. Once you are accepted to the University the transferring of credits process will happen and your plan for completion of your degree will be created.

If you are planning to take credits outside Concordia University Irvine before joining our program, check with academic counselors at your college to check for alignments with our program. The co-directors of undergraduate teacher education programs at [email protected] or [email protected] or call extension 1355.

Why get your credential at Concordia University Irvine?

Back to top