Admissions Requirements for International Students
How to Apply
All freshman applicants must submit official scores from TOEFL or SAT and/or ACT. Scores must be sent directly from the testing institution to the Office of International Undergraduate Admissions. SAT School: 4069; ACT School: 0227. Copies are considered unofficial documents.
Note: If you submit more than one SAT score, we use the highest score from each section (critical reading and math) and combine them into a super score. Equally, we also use the highest composite ACT score.
- Read the Admissions Requirements
- Submit the International Undergraduate Application
There are two ways to fill out an application:
We are waiving the $50 online application fee!
- Submit a Letter of Recommendation / International Reference Form and Essay (PDF)
All applicants must submit a Letter of Recommendation from a guidance counselor or teacher and an Essay.
- Submit official transcripts by mailing them to the Undergraduate Admissions Office.
- Official transcript(s).
This includes all coursework taken from 9th grade to the present. If any high school or college work is in progress at the time of this application, be sure an additional final transcript is sent when the work is completed.
Official transcripts must be sent directly from the high school in a sealed envelope or hand-carried to Concordia University, Irvine.
- High School GPA of 2.8 and above
- Transfer students must submit official transcripts for all college course work
- International transcripts must be evaluated
(Suggested Credential Evaluation Services: www.IERF.org, or www.wes.org or more at www.edupass.org)
- Submit Proof of English Proficiency
- Official TOEFL(PBT 550/IBT 79 - 80)/IELTS (6.5)* score from within the past two years.
- *The Pathway Program provides eligibility for students who do not meet minimum English proficiency requirements for undergraduate admission.
- Official SAT or ACT scores Request results of the (SAT) or (ACT) tests.
- *If you took one of these tests at the high school from which you graduated, the results may be recorded on your transcript. Check with the high school personnel when requesting your transcript. Student copies will not be accepted.
- *Official SAT and/or ACT scores (recommended)
- Fulfill Requirements to Obtain the I-20 and Submit Materials (These documents are not necessary until AFTER you are accepted, however, they are needed for your I-20 so getting a head start will only benefit you.)
- Fill out I-20 Request Form for New Student
- Submit Current Official Bank Statement* (less than 6 months old)
- The amount you need to show proof of funding for here is $50,415. This is an estimated amount and may change at any time. If you are receiving Academic Scholarship or Athletic Scholarship you may subtract it from $50,415. The Academic scholarship amount will automatically apply to your tuition if you meet the grade requirement upon enrollment to CUI. For Athletic Scholarship, you must provide a copy of your Letter of Intent. (Academic Scholarship and Athletic Scholarship cannot stack together)
- Submit An Affidavit of Financial Support Form
Completed affidavit and supporting documents verifying that the applicant will be able to underwrite their total financial costs during their studies at Concordia University.
- Submit Photocopy of Passport
For Transfer Students: Submit:
- All of the above
- Copy of I-20 (all 3 pages)
- Copy of F1 Visa
- Copy of I-94 (front & back)
- Transfer Form (PDF)
- If you need your I-20 to be mailed to you directly, please submit and pay Express Mail Service request at study.eshipglobal.com.(Choose 'Global Programs' as the department to receive a document from.)
Submitting Your Application