UPDATE: Due to the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, face masks are required for on-campus appointments in the Writing Studio.
The CUI Writing Studio offers two types of appointments:
1. Face-to-face in the Writing Studio
This option is for traditional undergraduate students.
Register and make an appointment
2. Email submissions via the Online Writing Lab (OWL)
This option is for our veterans, graduate students, certificate program students, nursing students, students in online classes, and faculty/staff only. Online Writing Lab consultants are graduate students and/or professionals in their fields. You will receive written feedback by the end of two business days.
Writing consultant feedback will address global concerns in your paper, such as the clarity of your ideas, organization, structure, format, and style. Although our consultants will not proofread or line-edit your work, they will point out patterns of grammatical or stylistic errors and offer suggestions for improvement.
Uploading your paper to the OWL is easy:
- Register and log in to our online scheduling system.
- Make sure you are viewing the “OWL Email Submissions” schedule by clicking the dropdown menu at the top of the calendar and selecting “OWL Email Submissions.”
- To upload your paper, select an open “appointment” time by clicking on a white box and filling out the appointment form.
- Once the form is filled out, you will be able to upload your paper.
- You will receive feedback via email by the end of two business days from your scheduled appointment day.
Upload a paper now!