Make an Appointment
UPDATE: Due to the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak, all Writing Studio appointments for undergraduate and graduate students will now take place online. Please proceed to the Writing Studio schedule for further instructions at https://cui.mywconline.com.
The CUI Writing Studio offers two types of appointments:
1. Live-online via Zoom
This option is for traditional undergraduate students. Zoom online sessions will take place with one of our undergraduate writing consultants.
2. Email submissions via the Online Writing Lab (OWL)
This option is for graduate students, certificate program students, nursing students, students in dual-credit classes, and faculty/staff only. Online Writing Lab consultants are graduate students and/or professionals in their fields. You will receive written feedback by the end of two business days.
Writing consultant feedback will address global concerns in your paper, such as the clarity of your ideas, organization, structure, format, and style. Although our consultants will not proofread or line-edit your work, they will point out patterns of grammatical or stylistic errors and offer suggestions for improvement.
Uploading your paper to the OWL is easy:
- Register and login to our online scheduling system.
- Make sure you are viewing the “OWL Email Submissions” schedule by clicking the dropdown menu at the top of the calendar and selecting “OWL Email Submissions.”
- To upload your paper, select an open “appointment” time by clicking on a white box and filling out the appointment form.
- Once the form is filled out, you will be able to upload your paper.
- You will receive feedback via email by the end of two business days from your scheduled appointment day.
Upload a paper now!