- Assessment and Treatment of Injuries and Illnesses
The Nurse Practitioner, utilizing policies and procedures developed collaboratively by a consulting physician and administration, will see students for assessment of illness and injury. She is able to provide treatment for a selected number of common health conditions. Referrals are made to community resources that are covered by their personal health insurance when possible for those areas that are beyond her scope of practice.
- TB (Tuberculosis) Testing: TB tests (PPD-Mantoux) are given on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and read two days later.
- Immunizations (MMR, Tdap, Meningitis, HepB, Flu)
- Nurse Practitioner consultation on health topics
- Referral to community resources as needed
Entrance Health Requirements for Undergraduate Students
- Undergraduate Health Form - history and physical examination
- Immunizations and TB Test
Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR): 2 doses required
Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Tdap)
Meningococcal vaccine on or after age 16
TB Test (PPD-Mantoux): Must be completed within the last 12 months
Please have the immunizations and TB test completed before arriving on campus.
Enter your immunization dates online at cui.medicatconnect.com and mail a copy of the record to the Wellness Center for verification.
The above forms must be submitted to the Health Center online and as hard copy by August 1st for the fall semester and by December 1st for the spring semester in order to obtain final clearance.
Things to Know
- All visits and records are confidential.
- Medications: The Health Center has free samples of decongestants, cough medications, throat lozenges, acetaminophen, ibuprofen, and other medications for common illnesses and injuries. Antibiotics may be purchased for approximately $10.00 for a typical course.
- Office visit charges: There is no charge for an office visit for full-time undergraduate students as this is part of their University fees. There is a fee of $25.00 for medical office visits for part-time and graduate students which must be paid at time of service.