Skip to Main Content

Distance Learning Complaint Process for Out of State Students

Concordia University desires to resolve student grievances, complaints and concerns in an expeditious, fair and amicable manner. Students residing outside of the State of California while attending Concordia through electronically delivered classes who desire to resolve a grievance should contact the appropriate office (Bursar's Office, Financial Aid Office, Student Affairs, etc.) However, if an issue cannot be resolved internally, you may file a complaint with your State. The Student Grievance Contact Information for Individual States provides phone numbers, emails and/or links to state education agencies. Concordia University is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) (Western Association of Schools and Colleges)


Alabama Commission on Higher Education
PO Box 302000
Montgomery, AL 36130-2000
Student Complaint Form

Department of Postsecondary Education
Alabama Private School Licensure Division, Alabama Community College System
PO Box 302130
Montgomery, AL 36130-2130
[email protected]
Student Complaint Form


Alaska Commission on Postsecondary Education
PO Box 110505
Juneau, AK 99811-0505
(907) 465-6741
[email protected]
Student Grievance Procedure


Arizona State Board for Private Post-secondary Education
1400 W. Washington Street, Room 260
Phoenix, AZ 85007
(602) 542-5709
[email protected]
Student Grievance Procedure


Arkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board
Arkansas Department of Higher Education
114 East Capitol Ave.
Little Rock, AR 72201(501) 371-2000
[email protected]
Student Grievance Procedure


Colorado Department of Higher Education 
1560 Broadway, Suite 1600
Denver, Colorado 80202
(303) 862-3001
Student Grievance Procedure


Connecticut Office of Higher Education
Emily Bjornberg
Senior Consultant
Academic Affairs
450 Columbus Blvd, Suite 707
Hartford, CT 06103
(860) 947-1824
[email protected] 
Student Grievance Procedure


Delaware Department of Education
Delaware Higher Education Office
John G. Townsend Building, Suite 2
Dover, DE 19901
[email protected]
Student Complaint Form

Delaware Department of Justice
Consumer Mediation Unit
820 N. French Street 5th Floor
Wilmington, DE 19801

District of Columbia

District of Columbia Higher Education Licensure Commission
District of Columbia Office of the State Superintendent of Education
Higher Education Licensure commission
1040 First Street, NE – 5th Floor
Washington, DC 20002
(202) 727-6436
Student Grievance Procedure


Florida Commission for Independent Education
325 W. Gaines Street, Suite 1414
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0400
[email protected]
Student Grievance Procedure


Georgia Nonpublic Postsecondary Education Commission
2082 E. Exchange Pl. #220
Tucker, GA 30084-5334
(770) 414-3300
Student Grievance Procedure


Hawaii Postsecondary Education Authorization Program
PO Box 541
Honolulu, Hawaii 96809
(808) 586-7327
[email protected]
Student Grievance Procedure


Idaho State Board of Education
Idaho State Board of Education
Attn: State Authorization Program Manager
650 West State Street
PO Box 83720
Boise, ID 83720-0037
(208) 332-1587
[email protected]
Student Grievance Procedure 


Illinois Board of Higher Education
431 East Adams, 2nd Floor
Springfield, Illinois 62701-1404
Institutional Complaint Hotline: (217) 557-7359
[email protected]
Student Grievance Procedure


Indiana Commission for Higher Education
101 W. Ohio Street, Suite 300
Indianapolis, IN 46204-4206
(317) 464-4400
[email protected]
Student Grievance Procedure


Iowa College Student Aid Commission
475 SW 5th Street, Suite D
Des Moines, IA 50309
(515) 281-5294
Student Complaint Form

Concordia University Irvine is registered by the Iowa College Student Aid Commission to offer distance education programs to Iowans and conduct distance education related activities in Iowa.


Kansas Board of Regents
1000 SW Jackson Street, Suite 520
Topeka, KS 66612-1368
(785) 430-4288
[email protected]
Student Complaint Form


Kentucky Council on Postsecondary Education
100 Airport Road, Third Floor
Frankfort, KY 40601-7512
(502) 573-1555
[email protected]
Student Grievance Procedure

Kentucky Office of the Attorney General
Capitol Suite 118, 700 Capitol Avenue
Frankfort, KY 40601-3449
(502) 696-5389
[email protected]
Student Grievance Procedure


Louisiana Board of Regents
Louisiana Attorney General Office, Consumer Protection Section
PO Box 94005
Baton Rouge, LA 70804
1 (800) 351-4889 | (225) 326-6465
[email protected]
Student Grievance Procedure 


Maine Department of Education
Anita Bernhardt- Complaints
23 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0023
207) 441-1718
Student Grievance Procedure

Maine Attorney General
Consumer Protection Division
6 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333
(207) 626-8849
Student Complaint Form


Maryland Higher Education Commission
6 North Liberty Street, 10th Floor
Baltimore, MD 21201
(410) 767-3388
Student Grievance Process

Maryland Office of the Attorney General, Consumer Protection Division
200 St. Paul St.
Baltimore, MD 21202
(410) 528-8662
[email protected]
Student Grievance Process


Massachusetts Board of Higher Education
One Ashburton Place, Room 1401
Boston, MA 02108
(617) 994-6963
Student Grievance Procedure


Michigan Department of Energy, Labor & Economic Opportunity
Employment & Training, Postsecondary Schools
PO Box 30726
Lansing, MI 48909
(517) 335-4000
[email protected]
Student Grievance Procedure


Minnesota Office of Higher Education
1450 Energy Park Drive, Suite 350
St. Paul, MN 55108
(651) 642-0567
Student Grievance Procedure

Concordia University Irvine is registered with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to Minnesota Statutes sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.


Mississippi Commission on College Accreditation
3825 Ridgewood Road
Jackson, MS 39211-6453
(601) 432-6198
Student Grievance Procedure

Consumer Protection Division, Office of the Attorney General
PO Box 220
Jackson, MS 39205
(601) 359-3680
Student Complaint Form


Missouri Department of Higher Education and Workforce Development
01 W. High Street, Suite 840
PO Box 1469
Jefferson City, MO 65102-1469
(573) 526-1577
[email protected]
Student Grievance Procedure


Montana Board of Regents, Office of Commissioner of Higher Education
Montana University System
560 N. Park Avenue
PO Box 203201   
Helena, MT 59620-3201
(406) 449-9124
Student Grievance Procedure

Montana Office of Consumer Protection
2225 11th Avenue
PO Box 200151   
Helena, MT 59620‐0151
(406) 444-4500
[email protected]
Student Grievance Procedure


Nebraska Coordinating Commission for Postsecondary Education
PO Box 95005
Lincoln, NE 68509-5005
(402) 471-4825
Student Grievance Procedure

Nebraska Attorney General
Consumer Protection Division
2115 State Capitol
Lincoln, NE 68509
(402) 471-2682
[email protected]
Student Grievance Procedure


Nevada Commission on Postsecondary Education
2800 E. St. Louis Avenue
Las Vegas, NV 89104
(702) 486-7330
Student Grievance Procedure

New Hampshire

New Hampshire Department of Education – Division of Educator Support & Higher Education
New Hampshire Department of Education
Attn: Nicholas Marks, Administrator for Higher Education
25 Hall Street
Concord, NH 03301
(603) 271-0257
[email protected]
Student Complaint Form

New Jersey

New Jersey Higher Education
PO Box 542
Trenton, New Jersey 08625
(609) 292-4310
[email protected]
Student Grievance Procedure

New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs
124 Halsey Street
Newark, New Jersey 07102
Student Grievance Procedure

New Mexico

New Mexico Higher Education Department
2044 Galisteo Street, Suite 4
Santa Fe, NM 87505
505) 476-8411
[email protected]
Student Grievance Procedure

New York

New York Office of College and University Evaluation
New York State Education Department
5 North Mezzanine
Albany, NY 122234
(518) 486-3633
[email protected]
Student Grievance Procedure

North Carolina

North Carolina Postsecondary Education Complaints
Director of Licensure, University of North Carolina System Office
140 Friday Center Drive
Chapel Hill, NC 27517
(919) 962-4558
Student Grievance Procedure

North Dakota

North Dakota University System,br/> North Dakota University System
Attn: Dr. Richard Rothaus, Vice Chancellor of Academic and Student Affairs
600 E. Boulevard Avenue, Dept. 215
Bismarck, ND 58505-0230
(701) 328-4136
[email protected]
Student Grievance Procedure

North Dakota Consumer Protection Division
Office of Attorney General
Attn: Parrell Grossman, Director, Consumer Protection Division
Gateway Professional Center
1050 E. Interstate Avenue, Suite 200
Bismarck, ND 58503-5574
(701) 328-5570
Student Grievance Procedure


Ohio Department of Higher Education
25 South Front Street
Columbus, OH 43215-4183
(614) 466-6000
[email protected]
Student Grievance Procedure

Ohio Attorney General, Consumer Protection Section
30 E. Broad St., 14th Floor
Columbus OH 43215-3400
(800) 282-0515
Student Complaint Form


Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education
655 research parkway, Suite 200
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
Student Grievance Procedure

Oklahoma Office of the Attorney General, Consumer Protection Unit
Attn: Investigative Analyst
313 NE 21st Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
1 (833) 681-1895 | (405) 521-2029
[email protected]
Student Grievance Procedure


Oregon Higher Education Coordinating Commission, Office of Degree Authorization
3225 25th Street SE
Salem, OR 97302
(503) 881-2738 | (971) 332-0120
[email protected]
Student Grievance Procedure

Oregon Attorney General
Financial Fraud/Consumer Protection Section
1162 Court Street NE
Salem, OR 97301-4096
Consumer Hotline: 1 (877) 877-9392
Student Grievance Procedure


Pennsylvania Department of Education
333 Market Street, 12th Floor
Harrisburg, PA 17126-0333
(717) 783-6786
[email protected]
Student Grievance Procedure

Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General, Bureau of Consumer Protection
Strawberry Square, 14th Floor
Harrisburg, PA 17120
(717) 787-3391
Student Grievance Procedure

Rhode Island

Rhode Island Office of the Postsecondary Commissioner
560 Jefferson Boulevard, Suite 200
Warwick, RI 02886-1304
(401) 736-1100
Student Grievance Procedure

Rhode Island Department of Attorney General, Consumer Protection Unit
150 South Main Street
Providence, RI 02903
(401) 274-4400
Student Grievance Procedure

South Carolina

South Carolina Commission on Higher Education
1122 Lady St., Suite 300
Columbia, SC 29201
(803) 737-3918
Student Compliant Form

South Dakota

South Dakota Secretary of State
State Capitol
500 East Capitol Avenue
Pierre, SD 57501-5070
[email protected]

South Dakota Office of Attorney General, Division of Consumer Protection
1302 E. Hwy. 14, Suite 3
Pierre, SD 57501-8053
(605) 773-4400
Student Grievance Procedure


Tennessee Higher Education Commission
312 Rosa L. Parks Ave., 9th Floor
Nashville, TN 37243
(615) 253-7458
[email protected]
Student Grievance Procedure


Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board
PO Box 12788
Austin, TX 78711-2788
512) 427-6101
[email protected]
Student Grievance Procedure

Texas Office of Attorney General
Consumer Protection Division
PO Box 12548
Austin, TX 78711-2548
Student Grievance Procedure

Concordia University Irvine is not regulated in Texas under Chapter 132 of the Texas Education Code.


Utah Division of Consumer Protection
160 East 300 South
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
[email protected]
Student Grievance Procedure


Vermont Agency of Education
1 National Life Drive, Davis 5
Montpelier, VT 05602-2501
(802) 828-1130 | (802) 828-5535
[email protected]
Student Grievance Procedure

Vermont Attorney General’s Office
109 State Street
Montpelier, VT 05602-2501


State Council of Higher Education for Virginia
101 N. 14th Street, James Monroe Building
Richmond, VA 23219
Student Grievance Procedure


Washington Student Achievement Council
917 Lakeridge Way
PO Box 42430
Olympia, WA 98504-3430
[email protected]
Student Grievance Procedure

For Washington State residents seeking information and resources about student loan repayment or seeking to submit a complaint relating to your student loans or student loan servicer, please visit or contact the Student Loan Advocate at [email protected].

West Virginia

West Virginia Higher Education Policy Commission
1018 Kanawha Boulevard E., Suite 700
Charleston, WV 25301-2800

West Virginia Office of the Attorney General, Consumer Protection Division
PO Box 1789
Charleston, WV 25326-1789
Student Grievance Procedure


Wisconsin Educational Approval Program
PO Box 8366
Madison, WI 53708-8366
(608) 266-1996
[email protected]
Student Grievance Procedure


Wyoming Department of Education
122 W 25th Street, Suite E200
Cheyenne, WY 82002-0050
(307) 777-7675
Student Grievance Procedure

Wyoming Attorney General's Office
123 Capitol Building, 200 W. 24th Street
Cheyenne, WY 82002


Not yet developed.

Puerto Rico

Puerto Rico Department of State
PO Box 1900
San Juan, PR 00910-1900
[email protected]
Student Grievance Procedure

Puerto Rico Department of Justice
PO Box 9020192
San Juan, Puerto Rico 00902-0192

Virgin Islands

Government of the United States Virgin Islands
Department of Education, Office of the Commissioner
1834 Kongens Gade
St. Thomas, V.I. 00802



Back to top