Skip to Main Content

If you’re thinking of transferring to Concordia University Irvine from a California community college, or a four-year college, Concordia could just be the fit for you.

Concordia has transfer articulation agreements with several California community colleges specifying how coursework taken at California community colleges can transfer seamlessly to your major requirements at Concordia.

Although the Concordia GE requirement does not have to be completed prior to transfer, Concordia accepts the following in place of most Concordia GE requirements:

  • A.A. (Associate of Arts) and A.S. (Associate of Science) degrees that meet CSU General Education Breadth requirements
  • A.D.T. (Associate Degree for Transfer)
  • CSU (California State University) General Education Breadth requirements
  • IGETC (Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum)
  • DTA (Direct Transfer Associate) degree from Oregon and Washington

Students transferring from a California community college with an ADT (Associate Degree for Transfer) have a transfer pathway that ensures:

  • Admission
  • At least 60 transferable semester units*
  • Junior standing (with at least 60 transferable semester units)*
  • Academic major preparation
  • Timely progress toward degree completion

* To see transfer requirements, area community college articulation agreements, what ADT majors Concordia accepts, our application process, deadlines, scholarships & financial aid, or to register for a Transfer Info Session, visit

Back to top