Requirements of Forensics Scholarship Recipients
Scholarships are given in increments up to $8,000 per year. Applications received prior to the deadline receive priority consideration. Late applications are accepted on a case by case basis. Students who fulfill the requirements retain their award for the duration of their education at Concordia. Those who receive a scholarship for forensics competition must:
- Abide by the terms of CUI Forensics Team Squad Handbook (a copy is available upon request).
- Remain a full-time student (defined as a minimum of 12 units per semester).
- Maintain a minimum 2.50 Grade Point Average.
- Attend weekly squad meetings, weekly practice sessions, and serve as a positive team influence.
- Attend a minimum of three tournaments per semester while competing as one of the following types of competitor:
- Debate ONLY – NPDA-style Parliamentary Debate/Lincoln Douglas Debate
- Speech ONLY – Three AFA/NFA Individual Events, two of which must be prepared events
- Speech & Debate – NPDA-style Debate and two IE’s
Applicants may provide a 6-minute audition video for their speech and/or debate events, to demonstrate their proficiency. Please email these audition videos to Amanda Ozaki-Laughon at: [email protected]