Your Health & Wellness
To thrive in your college journey, the first step is to stay healthy, both physically and emotionally. This section introduces what Concordia offers to help you succeed in this foundational area.
Medical expenses for illnesses and injuries in the United States are one of the highest in the world. A simple visit to the hospital may cost you thousands of dollars. Although the university does not require proof of insurance coverage, we highly recommend that you purchase a private health insurance. There are different insurance options available in the market and we do not promote any particular company. However, if you want a place to start looking, you may check out these links:
U.S. Healthcare 101: Why do international students need health insurance?
Staying Healthy 360
- Wellness Center: The Wellness Center has free samples of decongestants, cough medications, throat lozenges, acetaminophen, ibuprofen, and other medications for common illnesses and injuries. Antibiotics may be purchased for approximately $10.00 for a typical course. Office visits to see a nurse is FREE for full-time undergraduate students. Part-time and graduate students pay $25.00 for each medical office visit. Even if you are referred to Urgent Care or ER, you will likely pay less if you go to the Wellness Center first.
- Counseling Services: Students seek counseling for a variety of reasons such as family conflict; grief and loss; relationship issues; low self-confidence; depression; anxiety; eating disorders; controlling usage of alcohol and drugs; life purpose and direction; and assistance in making better decisions. Click on the link to learn more!
- CU Active: Take advantage of Concordia's free bike rental program and gym equipment to stay physically active.
- Community - Events: Be a part of the Concordia community! There are so many ways to begin your adventure: check out the Student Events Calendar and choose a concert, play, special event (e.g., Midnight Madness; Suitcase Bingo), sports event, Bible study, resume workshop, job fair, student club meeting, leadership training, and more. Take one step and let it lead you to the next.
- Community - Small Groups: Our dedicated team of ISAs are always ready to lend their listening ears and empathetic hearts, because they know how it feels to be an international student.
Come in and Chat: Not sure where to start? We are here for you. Make an appointment to meet with your International Center Coordinator.