Visa and Immigration Information for Current F1 International Students
Protecting your immigration status is one of your most important responsibilities as an international student. The Office of Global Programs is here to help you educate yourself about your rights and responsibilities.
A few of the many areas of immigration we can advise on:
It is the responsibility of each student to be familiar with the immigration requirements related to your status. Following the guidelines below will help you maintain valid F-1 immigration status. If you have specific questions about your status, you can schedule an appointment to meet with your PDSO.
- Keep your passport valid for at least 6 months into the future.
- Keep your local address updated.
- Maintain full-time enrollment.
- Undergraduate - Minimum 12 units/semester
- Graduate - Minimum 6 units/semester
- Get PDSO approval before a withdrawal from CUI.
- Attend the school noted on your I-20.
- Keep your I-20 valid at all times.
- Get a travel signature.
- Request Authorization for Employment:
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, Principal Designated School Official (PDSO) for questions regarding immigration.