Multiple Subject Credential Coursework
Undergraduate students will need to declare the Dual Credential option by the middle of Block I classes: October 15, March 15 or June 15.
Semester 1 (15 units)
- EDUC 200: The Teacher and Technology - 1 units
- EDUC 204: Introduction to Teaching Diverse Populations - 2 unit
- EDUC 301 Typical and Atypical Development of Diverse Learners - 3 units
- EDUC 501 Planning & Assessment for Inclusive Classrooms - 3 units
- EDUC 502 Creating Positive and Inclusive Learning Environments - 3 units
- EDUC 551 Language and Culture - 3 units
Semester 2 (9 units)
Successful completion of Block I courses is a prerequisite for the courses below.
- EDUC 522 Math and Science Methods: Elementary - 2 units
- EDUC 523 Integrated Curriculum Methods: Elementary - 2 units
- EDUC 560 Literacy Instruction in Diverse Elementary Classrooms - 4 units
- EDUC 580 TPA Practicum: Field Experience (includes 40 hours field experience) - 1 unit
Semester 3 (12 units): Student Teaching Semester
- EDUC 582 Student Teaching II: Elementary
Student teaching is full-time teaching for a semester under the supervision of a cooperating teacher and university supervisor. Multiple subject student teachers have two eight-week placements at two different grade levels. (Prerequisite: Subject Matter Passage and completion of all coursework)
Apply now, read about Test Requirements, or attend the next Info Night.