Concordia's Mission and Core Convictions (Values)
Concordia University Irvine, a comprehensive Lutheran Christian university guided by Christ’s Great Commission, develops wise, honorable, and cultivated citizens to serve society and the church.
Core Convictions (Values)
Concordia University Irvine serves our students, colleagues, and community by being:
- Gospel-Centered: The faculty and staff, guided by God’s Word and the Lutheran Confessions, welcomes all qualified students who are willing to engage with its mission and proclaims God’s grace in Christ to each person.
- Faithfully Relevant: Concordia offers exceptional, rigorous, holistic, and sought-after programs in the liberal arts and professional studies, rooted in the Lutheran intellectual tradition, that prepare servant leaders who proactively address the contemporary needs of the church and the world.
- Sustainably Excellent: Concordia invests its resources of time, talent, and treasure in wise and sustainable ways by empowering each faculty, staff, and student to live out their vocations and to support the ongoing excellence and fulfillment of the university’s mission.
- Courageously Loving: At Concordia, all are called to love one another, forming a community that faithfully cultivates humility and responsibility, fosters honest and charitable conversations, and offers a path to personal growth that equips students for lives of service in a diverse world.
- Relentlessly Hopeful: Concordia is ever hopeful as it carries out its mission in the face of the world’s challenges. Our hope is rooted in the confidence that God in Christ has reconciled the world to himself and that Christ is the Lord of all creation.