We believe that Q&I Core is part of what makes a Concordia University Irvine education one of the most meaningful, comprehensive, and practically applicable in the country. And recent data from the NSSE (National Survey of Student Engagement) illustrates why. NSSE results show that CUI freshmen rank in the top 10% of students in the country on almost every major indicator
(9 out of the 10 assessed, to be exact). The survey cites our students’ strong engagement with diverse perspectives, collaborative learning, analytic thinking and reflective integrative learning, among other learning indicators.
Interestingly enough, these indicators mirror qualities that employers find most desirable in potential employees, according to a recent study published in Forbes, which names the top 5 most desirable career skills as:
- Ability to work in a team structure
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems (tie)
- Ability to communicate verbally with people inside and outside an organization
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work
- Ability to obtain and process information
One of the people that was involved in my interview and hiring process was very familiar with the Concordia University system. Never underestimate the power of having Concordia on your resume.