Adjunct Professor of Communication Studies
Professor Heinly has owned her own PR and marketing consulting firm, J&J Consulting, for 25 years. Prior to founding her business, she worked for companies and PR agencies in Southern California and Denver.
- MBA from Pepperdine University
- BA in Communications, Public Relations Emphasis at Cal State Fullerton
Classes Taught at Concordia
- COM 422: Studies/Public Relations
Jennifer Heinly has more than 25 years of experience in public relations and marketing. Current and past clients include those in the health care, legal, high tech, publishing, construction/engineering services, sports marketing, food, insurance and financial service industries.
Professor Heinly's current areas of expertise include media relations, news release/article writing, and public relations/marketing planning.
While working for several advertising and public relations agencies in Southern California and Denver, Professor Heinly’s account experience included computer peripherals and software, telecommunication, electronic components, real estate, state government, non-profit, travel, financial services, education, sports promotion/marketing, and medical.
Professor Heinly is the past Chair IPA Section of PRSA; past Programming Chair for IPA Section of PRSA; past president of the International Association of Business Communicators, Colorado Chapter; and a past member of the Colorado Sports Council, Short Track Speed Skating Championships committee. She is currently the secretary for the Healthcare PR and Marketing Association.
She has also spoken on marketing and public relations on behalf of the following organizations:
- Guest speaker for public relations courses at California State Fullerton, Biola University, Concordia University, and Cal State Dominquez Hills
- Colorado National Bank, Small Business Division
- Institute of Certified Financial Planners, Colorado Society
- Aurora Association of Life Underwriters
- Colorado Municipal League
- Greater Denver Chamber of Commerce, New Business Breakfast Club and Women Business Owners' Network
- Longmont Chamber of Commerce
- Small Business Development Center
Professor Heinly has played competitive tennis for 43 years, and also enjoys yoga and Pilates.