Attention: first-time students into the MCAA program this Winter 2017 term will receive a 1,000 new student scholarship for Winter only.
- Domestic Graduate Students ($50 app fee): Use the application link above or our paper application: First-time Applicants Paper Application (pdf) International Graduate Students ($150 app fee): Paper Application (pdf)
- One (1) official transcript from a regionally accredited college or university that shows your confirmed bachelor's degree. Official college transcripts must be sent in a sealed envelope.
Domestic transcripts can be mailed to:
Concordia University Irvine
Attention: MCAA Admissions
1530 Concordia West
Irvine, California 92612-3203
International transcripts must be evaluated by the International Education Research Foundation.
- A total of 8 equivalent graduate level units will be considered for transfer in place of MCAA elective units only.
- All transfer course work must be graduate level work completed at a regionally accredited institution.
- Please send official transcripts (only graduate level transcripts) as well as course descriptions, and the course transfer request form (emailed to you by Sheila Hannah) to Concordia as “Attention: MCAA Admissions - Sheila Hannah".
- The MCAA Program director will make a decision whether a course is transferable or not once all necessary paperwork is submitted to Sheila Hannah (also pending Registrar approval).
Please note that we will only review transfer course work once a student has been accepted into the MCAA program.
If your cumulative GPA in your undergraduate work is below a 2.75, you must write a petition letter to the Admissions Committee. This letter should explain why your GPA was below a 2.75, what you have done since graduating that has prepared you for graduate school, what you are doing now and hope to do in the future, and why you chose the Concordia MCAA program. Your petition letter should be 2-3 pages in length, must have a handwritten signature, and should be emailed or faxed to John Kulstad.
If you plan on applying for Financial Aid please use the links to the left for more information.
If you need assistance with the admissions process, please contact the following:
John Kulstad: 949-214-3575 or John.Kulstad@cui.edu