To complete your admission file, we will need:
If you are applying for the Master of Arts in Theology, we will also need:
If you are applying for the Master of Arts in Theology with DCE Certification, we will also need:
If you are applying for the Cross-cultural Ministry Center (LCMS Pastoral Certification), we will also need:
If you are applying for the Cross-cultural Ministry Center (LCMC MA Track), we will also need:
Files must be completed prior to acceptance to the program and registration for classes. Admission may be granted for any semester of the year, including summer.
To be eligible for admission, you must have:
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution, or an international evaluation showing the equivalent of a regionally accredited U.S. bachelor's degree
- Evidence of ability to achieve success in a graduate program, shown by the following:
- For full admission: a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better (4.0 scale) in all previous college work
- For provisional admission: a cumulative GPA of 2.70-2.99 in all previous college work. Students admitted with provisional status may enroll for a maximum of nine graduate units (three courses). If a minimum GPA of 3.25 is earned in the three graduate courses (9 units), candidates may be granted regular status in a graduate program
- Evidence of a sufficient level of proficiency in English as established by the TOEFL exam (for students whose primary language is not English).
Students applying from outside the United States must submit the International Application and will be required to provide other information as necessary for preparation of the I-20 to obtain a Visa.
A maximum of six (6) graduate units may be transferred into the program from an accredited university or college. These courses must be approved by the Dean of Christ College and must closely match course descriptions in Concordia's MA in Theology program.
A maximum of six (6) graduate units may be used from courses taken during non-degree seeking student status. The student must request in writing that these courses be used for matriculation in the MA, and approval must be granted by the Dean of Christ College.
Fall Start - July 1
Spring Start - November 1
Summer Start - April 1
Fall Start- April 15
Spring Start - Sept 15
Summer Start - February 15
If you have any questions about the application process, or to submit applications and subsequent documents, please address them to:
Concordia University Irvine
1530 Concordia West
Irvine, CA 92612
(949) 214-3389 (phone/fax)