- Complete this application.
- A recommendation form must be completed (First Year Experience staff may NOT be used as references).
- To verify your GPA, email a current unofficial CUI transcript (saved as a PDF from MyRecords to [email protected]).
- All pieces of the application (including signing up for an interview) time must be completed and returned no later than Friday, February 4th 2022.
Required and Important Dates
Peer Advising Leaders will be expected to be available for the following 2022 dates:
- Friday, March 18th Student Leaders Kickoff
- CU Premiere (Spring Semester) and CU Soon (Mid-Summer)
- Early August PALs return to campus and move into dorms (if not a commuter)
- Early August PAL/Student Leadership Training
- August 19-21st - Student Orientation Activities and Registration
PAL Application Timeline
- Applications available at the beginning of the Spring Semester.
- Applications and individual interview sign-up due on February 4th
- Individual interviews will take place between February 7th and February 18th. You will be sent a link to sign up for an interview from [email protected].
- Invitation Letters sent out Friday, February 25th.
Length of Commitment
PALs commit to the FYE program from date of acceptance in the spring semester through the Summer and the end of the Fall Semester.
- Spring Semester:
- PALs participate in 3-4 training sessions during the spring semester.
- Serve as Concordia Ambassadors for CU Premier
- Find out PAL Pairings for the Fall Semester
- PALs return for CU Soon Training mid-summer
- PALs meet their new students for the first time at CU Soon mid-summer
- Fall Semester:
- PALs arrive to campus a week and a half prior to classes starting to participate in Student Leadership Training and Fall Orientation!
PALs will lead a group, either comprised of freshmen or transfer students, and will host various activities and events designed to help new students connect with one another and develop a sense of belonging on campus.
- Plan and oversee 4 social events to help new students connect with one another as well as the campus community.
- Assist new students in INT 100 by leading activities and classroom discussions to help student engage in the content and feel comfortable participating in classroom engagement
- Meet individually with new students to see how they are transitioning to the university and provide on-going support through their first year at Concordia.
- Partner with other campus groups and invite PAL team to 3 social events to help new students connect with one another as well as the campus community.
- Meet with new students to see how they are transitioning to the university and provide on-going support through their first year at Concordia.
INT 105: Leadership Course
All student leaders enroll in INT 105: Leadership, a 3-unit course to help students grow their understanding of leadership development. Once this class has been completed, student leaders do not have to take this course again.