- Complete this application.
- A recommendation form must be completed (First Year Experience staff may NOT be used as references).
- To verify your GPA, email a current unofficial CUI transcript (saved as a PDF from MyRecords to [email protected]).
- All pieces of the application (including signing up for an interview) time must be completed and returned no later than Friday, February 3rd 2023.
Required and Important Dates
FYE Staff will be expected to be available for the following 2023 dates:
- Friday, April 14th- Student Leaders Kickoff
- CU Premiere (Spring Semester) and CU Soon (Mid-Summer)
- Early August PALs return to campus and move into dorms (if not a commuter)
- Early August PAL/Student Leadership Training
- August 18-20 - Week of Welcome
- INT 100 Section
FYE Staff Application Timeline
- Applications available at the beginning of the Spring Semester.
- Applications and individual interview sign-up due on February 3rd
- Individual interviews will take place between February 6th and February 17th. You will be sent a link to sign up for an interview from [email protected].
- Group Interview for Select FYE roles will take place during the week of February 20th
- Invitation Letters sent out Friday, February 24th.
Length of Commitment
PALs commit to the FYE program from date of acceptance in the spring semester through the Summer and the end of the Fall Semester.
- Spring Semester:
- PALs participate in 3-4 training sessions during the spring semester.
- Serve as Concordia Ambassadors for CU Premier
- Find out PAL Pairings for the Fall Semester
- PALs return for CU Soon Training mid-summer
- PALs meet their new students for the first time at CU Soon mid-summer
- Fall Semester:
- PALs arrive to campus a week and a half prior to classes starting to participate in Student Leadership Training and Fall Orientation!
PALs will lead a group, either comprised of freshmen or transfer students, and will host various activities and events designed to help new students connect with one another and develop a sense of belonging on campus.
INT 105: Leadership Course
All student leaders enroll in INT 105: Leadership, a 3-unit course to help students grow their understanding of leadership development. Once this class has been completed, student leaders do not have to take this course again.
You can read more about the specific roles and responsibilities within the Office of Orientation and First-Year Experience on the Peer Advising Leaders (PALs) web page.