Skip to Main Content

If you have been assaulted you have options on how you can proceed. The following are resources available to support you.

I want to...

Access Concordia’s Title IX Resource Guide

This guide was created to describe Concordia University, Irvine’s policies and procedures regarding sexual offenses and sexual harassment. It also provides helpful information to survivors of sexual assault, intimate partner violence, and stalking, including various options and resources that are available.

Speak with someone confidentially

  • Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
    EAP is a free and confidential service that can help Concordia Health Plan members with counseling services, including relationship concerns and issues related to sex offenses. (866) 726-5267
  • Pastoral Support Network (PSN)
    PSN offers counseling and support services to Concordia Health Plan members with a particular sensitivity to the unique issues ministers and their families may experience.
    First Floor of Grimm Student Union
    (888) 712-1805

Notify the University and/or file an official complaint

A report of sexual misconduct or relationship violence can be made at any time, regardless of how much time has elapsed since the incident occurred. An official complaint to Concordia University Irvine can be made to any of the following individuals:

  • Human Resources (Faculty and Staff)
    Administration 200
    [email protected]
  • Peter Senkbeil (Faculty Only)
    Executive Vice President and Provost
    Grimm Hall, 315
    [email protected]
  • Campus Safety
    Administration Building, Suite 103
    (949) 214-3000
    [email protected]

Get emergency medical treatment and have evidence of the assault collected and preserved

After an incident of sexual misconduct or relationship violence, the victim should consider seeking medical attention as soon as possible. In California, evidence may be collected even if you chose not to make a report to law enforcement. Medical care is usually provided by a doctor and/or a sexual assault nurse examiner (SANE) in a hospital emergency department or medical clinic. In circumstances of sexual assault, if victims do not opt for forensic evidence collection, health care providers can still treat injuries and take steps to address concerns of pregnancy and/or sexually transmitted disease.

File a criminal report with the police

Irvine Police Department (IPD)
An incident of sexual misconduct or relationship violence can be reported to the Irvine Police Department at any time, 24-hours a day/7-days. Law enforcement officials will assist you in filing an official complaint, collecting evidence, and recording statements for a criminal case.

  • 1 Civic Center Drive, Irvine CA 92606
    911 or (949) 724-7000

Call an emergency hotline

  • 24-Hour Rape Crisis Hotline
    Certified Sexual Assault Counselors are available 24-hours a day and 7 days a week to respond to clients and provide support at the hospital during forensic exams.
    (714) 957-2737
  • 24-Hour Domestic Violence Hotline
    Counselors are available 24-hours a day and 7 days a week to provide assistance with domestic violence issues or information about shelters and programs.
    (877) 854-3594

Get information about community resources available to me

  • Waymakers
    Waymakers is an Orange County-based non-profit organization that offers confidential services to victims of assault, including in-person support and advocacy for victims wanting to make reports to the police and accompaniment to sexual assault forensic exams.
    (714) 957-2737
  • Human Options
    Human Options provides assistance to victims of domestic and dating violence and their families. This organization provides emergency shelter and long-term assistance for battered women and children who are in a dangerous situation due to an abusive relationship.
    (877) 854-3594
Back to top