So what are Credential students eligible for?
- Most students are eligible for a federal Stafford loan:
- Subsidized/Unsubsidized up to $5500 per academic year for a dependent student
- Subsidized/Unsubsidized up to $12500 per academic year for an independent student
- Teacher Credential students may be eligible for a federal Pell Grant based on the FAFSA EFC calculation.
- LCMS Lutheran Teaching students may be eligible for the Post Baccalaureate Church Career Grant. The application can be found here.
- Students who received the Cal Grant as a traditional undergraduate, may be eligible for a 5th year Cal Grant extension. Complete the G-44 form and submit to CSAC.
- Students enrolled or planning to enroll in Clear Induction Credential Programs at Concordia University can apply for a private alternative loan. Concordia University Certificate Program does not participate in Title IV Federal Financial Aid programs.
How to Apply for Financial Aid
Awarding of Financial Aid and Electronic Offer Notification
Once your financial aid package is completed, an Electronic Offer notification will be sent to your Eagles email account. To review your offer, you must log in to MyRecords using your Student ID number and your MyRecords login PIN*. Once you log in click on My Financial Aid, then My Overall Financial Aid Status then select the applicable academic year. Click on the highlighted Awarded, and then click on the tab Accept Award Offer. Your offer will indicate the types and amounts of aid you are eligible to receive. Review your offer carefully, click on what you accept and/or decline, then submit. If you are a first time Federal Direct Stafford Loan borrower at CUI, you will need to complete Online Entrance Counseling and electronically sign the Loan Agreement (MPN). To learn more about Federal Direct Stafford Loans visit studentaid.gov/understand-aid/types/loans.
*Your temporary PIN is your birthday (MMDDYY). You will be prompted to change your PIN and enter a security question and answer. Your PIN must be exactly 6 characters and may contain both letters and numbers.