Assistant Professor of Nursing
Critical care RN 1992-present, CCRN certified 2011 to present, former MET (medical emergency team) member St Joseph Hospital Orange, California
AACN/GLBOC member, ACNL member, and ANA member
AFSA and ACE (Academic Curriculum) committee member.
Recently performed outcomes for spring and summer 2019 for ACE committee while member on sabbatical.
Sigma Theta Tau chapter board member from 2017 to 2023. Currently, helping to oversee by-laws.
Bethany Church Greeter (Long Beach) for hospitality committee 2014 to 2022.
Women’s ministry Bethany Church table leader 2022-2023.
Former MOMS (making our mothering significant) 2008-2015 with prior core leadership which helped to train new table leaders to invest in being new mothers and helping guide families to reach our communities in Long Beach.
Part of faculty who participate in information sessions and interviewing new staff
- Master of Science in Leadership and Education, Vanguard University, 2016 with follow-up Advanced Pathophysiology, Advanced Pharm and Advanced Health Assessment (2021-2023)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Cal State Fullerton, 2010 (RN to BSN)
Have taught all levels of ABSN from 2016 to current. Pharm Theory Instructor 2017 to 2019. Some clinical to date include preceptorship for seniors with seminar. Juniors for advanced med-surgical and mental health. Also, have taught in the pharm lab and skills lab. Have a passion to remind students about resilience and how to focus on self-care.
I teach mental health theory from 2020 to 2023 and have been the mental health clinical course coordinator 2020 to 2023.
- Recent participation in nursing research at St. Joseph Hospital for Early Nutrition 2018.
- Interventions in Critical Care for 2018
- Resilience Training in new graduates 2018
Have been involved with clinical narratives that was published for St. Joseph hospital as part of the clinical ladder.