Program Learning Outcomes
The purpose of the Assessment of Program Learning Outcomes (APLO) Report is to prove and improve student learning and program effectiveness. Every August, the Office of the Provost and the Office of Institutional Research and Assessment host an annual Research and Assessment Day. At this event, the faculty meet to discuss best practices and assessment plans.
In May, programs complete an APLO Report that includes the following information:
- Articulation of program learning outcomes (PLOs) and alignment with ULOs/GLOs
- Alignment of the PLO(s) assessed this year with the curriculum
- Description of the assessment process for the PLO(s) assessed this year
- Analysis of the results of the assessment for the PLO(s) assessed this year
- Discussion of how the results were used to “close the loop” at the program-level and describe dissemination plans