About Christian Colleges and Universities
Christian colleges and universities play an essential role in our nation by filling the gap with doctors, nurses, teachers, and social workers, to being affordable. The Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU)—a group of US Christian colleges and universities—published these statistics to illustrate the impact that Christian higher education and CCCU-member institutions, like Concordia University Irvine, are having in our country.
- Christian colleges and universities provide affordable, high-quality education for students.
- The majority of CCCU students do not pay the published sticker price at their university and are more likely to receive institutional aid.
- 95% of CCCU students
- 78% of students at private institutions.
Source: National Center for Education Statistics, IPEDS, 2017-18
- Christian colleges and universities are vital in educating first-generation and low-income college students.
- 1 in 3 CCCU students are first-generation college students.
Source: Econsult Solutions, “The National Impact of Higher Education,” 2018
CCCU students are overrepresented in fields that deliver social benefits, like human services (which includes counseling, mental health, and family services.)
- 12.7 % CCCU institutions
- 4.2 % all (public and private) 4-year universities
CCCU students are more likely to participate in community service.
- 35.2 % of CCCU students
- 25.7 % of all college students
*Source: Econsult Solutions, “The National Impact of Christian Higher Education,” 2018