Academic Intensive English Program
Are you looking for a place to learn English as a Second Language (ESL)? Concordia University Irvine's Academic Intensive English Program (AIEP) is an accredited, academically-focused English language proficiency program. We accept students at all levels, emphasizing the development of oral and written language skills necessary for academic studies and professional communication. Our program will accelerate your English acquisition and fluency by providing you with strategies for cultural competence as well as success in one of the many majors and degrees offered at Concordia.
- 5 levels of study ranging from beginning to upper-intermediate
- 24 hours of instruction per week
- Small classes, usually under 15 students
- Short sessions of 7-8 weeks allow you to progress through the levels at a faster pace.
- Great location in Southern California on a beautiful, gated campus in the safest city in the United States.
- Conversation partners provided for outside of class, integrating academic preparation and fluency practice.
- TOEFL is not required for entrance to Concordia University if you finish level 5.
- Professional, experienced teachers who have lived and taught outside of the United States and are fluent in other languages.
- Accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and a U.S. News Top Tier Regional University.
Below are estimated tuition and fees per AIEP session. Exact fees will vary based on housing, meal, and insurance plans chosen.
Please send the following documentation with your application:
Transfer Students: In addition to all of the above, please send:
Please submit all forms and documents to:
Concordia University Irvine
Office of Global Programs - AIEP
1530 Concordia West, Irvine, CA 92612
Fall 2013 Session 2
- Arrival: Oct. 10
- Assessment: Oct. 11
- Classes: Oct. 14 - Dec. 6
- Thanksgiving Break: Nov. 25-29
Spring 2014 Session 1
- International Application Deadline: Nov. 7, 2013
- Domestic Application Deadline: Dec. 6, 2013
- Deposit Deadline: Dec. 20
- Arrival: Jan.3
- Assessment/Orientation: Jan. 6
- Classes: Jan. 6 - Feb. 21
- Spring Break: Feb. 24-28 (between sessions)
Spring 2014 Session 2
- International Application Deadline: Jan. 2, 2014
- Domestic Application Deadline: Jan. 3, 2014
- Deposit Deadline: Feb. 17, 2014
- Arrival: March 2
- Assessment/Orientation: March 3
- Classes: March 3 - April 25
- Easter Break: April 14 - 18
Summer Session 2014
- International Application Deadline: April 24
- Domestic Application Deadline: May 23
- Deposit Deadline: June 9
- Arrival: June 19
- Assessment/Orientation: June 20
- Classes: June 23 - August 8
For more information about the Academic Intensive English Program at Concordia University Irvine, you may contact the Office of Global Programs Admissions staff at (949) 214-3062 or firstname.lastname@example.org.