Living Learning Communities
Concordia University Irvine Residential Education and Services believes that the learning environment extends beyond the traditional lecture hall and laboratory and into the informal learning spaces of the residence halls, recreation areas and gathering places. Living Learning Communities are small defined groups of students who come together with faculty and student affairs professionals to engage in a holistic and intellectually interactive learning experience.
Students do not think of their lives as bifurcated by the classroom door. For students, college is a stream of learning opportunities.
The Living Learning Communities are distinctive, theme-based residential learning environments that:
- Promote faithfulness
- Encourage student choice and design
- Align with the Concordia University Irvine mission and vision
Every residence hall should be organized around a specific educational theme.
Residence Hall Themes
- Bella Amore strives to provide a connected living experience in which women develop a Christ-centered attitude.
- Global Village is designed to provide a cross-cultural experience for students who are interested in broadening their understanding of world issues and cultures while living on campus.
- Holos House is an intentional community that focuses on living a healthy lifestyle.
- WINGS is designed to provide students with the support needed to make a successful transition from high school to college.
- Wittenberg Hall is devoted to living life together in the intersection between faith and learning.