Learning Counts is CAEL's (Council for Adult & Experiential Learning) new online service offering credible, third-party assessment of college-level learning acquired outside the college classroom.
- Students – accelerated degree completion
- Working Adults – Document skills and demonstrate workplace competencies
- Military Personnel – Transition skills to a civilian career
- Business Leaders – Assess and improve the competencies of employees
- Introduce the concept – The Learning Counts website will help explain in greater detail the concept and process of prior learning assessment.
- Estimate potential college credit – An online form designed to capture information about learning experiences is followed by a one-on-one conversation with an advisor, who helps determine possible credit awards.
- Teach how to document learning – An online, 6-week course helps participants understand the evaluation process and document their learning.
- Assess documented learning – Faculty from colleges around the country will evaluate documented prior learning and recommend credit awards.
- Record credit recommendations – Credit recommendations will be recorded on an American Council on Education (ACE) transcript accepted at colleges across the country.
Fees for Services
Registration in the course will cost $500 per individual enrollee. Fees for portfolio reviews are based on the number of credits sought.
- 1-6 undergraduate credits - $250
- 7-13 undergraduate credits - $500
- 14-20 undergraduate credits - $750