Academic Program Director
- 1984 B.S.: Business/Marketing Major
Millikin University; Tabor School of Business, Decatur,IL
- 1990 California Teaching Credential / Lutheran Teaching Credential:
Concordia University, Irvine, CA
- 1998 M.A.: Educational Administration
Concordia University, Irvine, CA
- Ed.D. (ABD): Organizational Leadership
School of Graduate & Innovative Studies
(2002 - present) Concordia University
(2009 - present) Academic Program Director, Liberal Arts – Online Bachelor's Degrees Assistant Dean / Professor, School of Professional Studies:
Responsible for management and development of Online Bachelor's Degrees. Oversight of three academic program directors, adjunct faculty and curriculum for 40+ higher level courses taught in a “hybrid/blended” teaching environment utilizing Blackboard course management software. Designed and launched new Healthcare Management major and also Organizational Psychology major.
- ALA 404, Educational Psychology (spring, 2007- current).
- ALA 304, Your World in Context (fall 2010-current).
- ALA 412, Quantitative Skills for the Workplace, course design and implementation (summer 2015-current).
- IOP 490, Organizational Development & Change Theory (spring 2015-current).
(2004 - 2009) Director of International Programs, China:
Responsible for developing strategies/partnerships between Concordia University and Educational & Business entities in the People’s Republic of China. Developed/implemented new MA International Studies program from inception in 2004 with 16 students to enrollment of 50+ students (2007). Provided leadership in teacher placement sites and logistics in China for students and faculty / staff during program.
- AEdu 201, History and Culture of Western Education (team taught with Dr. Mary Scott in Shenzhen, China – fall, 2006).
- MAIS 503, Contemporary Issues and Conditions in China via WebCT platform (spring, 2007).
- Educ 301, Psychological Development of Diverse Learners (spring, 2007 - 2009).
- CUS Leadership Conference, January 4-6, 2007. Identified by CUI Administrative Leadership to attend in preparation for upcoming CUS/CUI leadership roles and responsibilities.
(2002 - 2004) Director of Undergraduate Admissions:
Administered recruitment efforts for 400 new students to Concordia University on an annual basis. Responsible for marketing / advertising efforts. Directly supervised staff of 6 admission counselors who worked throughout territories in the U.S. to recruit students for Concordia University in Irvine, CA. Integrated efforts within and throughout the Concordia Foundation, Concordia University System, and the Lutheran education system. Assisted in the awarding of over $8 million in financial aid annually.
(1997 - 2002) Mt. Calvary Lutheran School (Preschool - 8th Grades)
Diamond Bar, CA
(1993 - 1997) Hope Lutheran School (Preschool – 8th Grades)
Assistant / Principal:
Administered school of 250 students in Preschool – 8th grades. Directly supervised all curriculum (review, selection, development) and instruction of teachers / staff. Managed and developed a team of 8 teachers and one director in addition to 11 support staff members. Marketed the school to local community parents and civic leaders. Responsible for developing and managing an annual budget of $750,000.
(1990 - 1993) Hope Lutheran School (Preschool - 8th Grades)
Teacher – 7th & 8th grades / Coach / Athletic Director:
Taught 30 students in a self-contained, multi-subject classroom. Coached 5th – 8th graders in basketball and softball programs. Directed athletic activities of the school sports programs for boys and girl’s volleyball, basketball, softball, and track.
(1987 - 1989) Ashton-Tate Corporation
Responsible for training / education of end-users and company employees on Ashton-Tate software products (microcomputer software product line, dBASE was flagship product). Developed curriculum and training products used in class instruction. Instructed numerous classes of 15 – 20 people on basic product use.
(1984 - 1987) Armstrong World Industries
Marketing Representative – Southern California Territory:
Responsible for working with wholesalers and retailers of residential building materials in the southern California market (including Arizona and Las Vegas). Promoted new products, trained wholesale and retail sales people on products and conducted consumer clinics.
Professional Experience & Memberships
(Active) CAEL – The Council for Adult & Experiential Learning
ASCD – Association for Supervision and Curriculum Development
(2013 – 2015) Orange Chamber of Commerce
Member Board of Directors
Member Executive Board
Economic Development Committee
Vice-President Profit Connection / weekly network lunch (Jan-June 2013)
President Profit Connection / weekly network lunchy (July-Dec 2013).
(1996 - 2002) Accrediting Commission for Schools: Western Association of Schools & Colleges
Visitation Committee Chairman – Accreditation Team:
Presided over a team of 5 committee members in review of schools self-study documents and visitation of the school site to validate program effectiveness (curriculum development, faculty training, administrative structure, etc.). Responsible for producing a visitation report that contains a recommended term of accreditation for the school, and for submission of all report information to Accrediting office. Additional responsibilities as they relate to management of expenses of all committee members of visitation team.
(1996-2002) District Accreditation Commission, Pacific Southwest District of the Lutheran Church
Reviewed accreditation reports completed by visiting teams to candidate schools. Voted on accreditation of candidate schools after review of all required data.
(1997 - 2000) Stanford Achievement Testing – District Task Force
Pacific Southwest District of the Lutheran Church:
Reviewed testing dates, pricing programs, and district wide results for 81 elementary schools throughout the Pacific Southwest District.
(1996 - 1999) Lutheran Educators Conference, Pacific Southwest District of the Lutheran Church
Presided over a 15-member committee that planned and implemented an annual 3-day teacher’s conference for 1,200 teachers. This position was an elected position voted on by the 1,200 teacher’s (peers) in the district.
- Born October 2, 1962 in Omaha, NE. youngest of four siblings.
- Formative years (1963 to 1980) – Chicago, IL (southern suburbs)
- Married (1991) with two children (born, 1993 & 1996).
- Resident of Orange, CA since 2002.
- Member Salem Lutheran Church, Orange, CA.
- Enjoy participating in all sporting activities with passion.
- Constantly seeking to learn and share knowledge and skills with others
- Atlantic Crossing via 38’ Catamaran Nov., 2014 – Atlantic Rally Cruising (ARC) event.
- C.I.F. Orange County Basketball Association Referee.
- Education and learning are personal and eternal; guided and unguided.
- Bucket List: skydiving, traveling to all continents…