Study Room Policies
**In order to adhere to the proper health and safety guidelines and limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus, the Study Rooms will only be checked out to individuals for the Fall 2020 semester.
Need a place for you to hit the books? The Library has 5 study rooms available for checkout! Make sure to bring your ID to the circulation desk and we will check out the room to you.
- Study Rooms (Rooms 103, 105, 107, 109, 115B) are a service of the Library. They are only available to Concordia Students and they must be checked out. Rooms 105 and 115B are reserved specifically for Academic Coaches, but they may be checked out if the rooms are available.
- Face masks are to be worn at all times when using the study rooms
- Study Rooms are available for one person at a time and only for academic purposes. They are not intended for meetings, conferences, training, office hours, or personal use.
- The Study Rooms are intended for USE BY 1 PERSON. They will not be checked out to groups.
- Students wanting to use the Study Rooms must show a current Concordia ID card (or in some instances such as graduate students—a picture ID and E# are acceptable).
- There are NO advanced reservations accepted for Study Rooms. The only exclusion is reservations made for library and university events. Requests are granted on a “first come, first serve” basis.
- There is a two-hour time limit per individual, except when no one is waiting.
- Study Rooms may not be used to store things (i.e. backpacks, computers). Leaving a study room briefly to look for materials is okay; however, leaving for longer periods of time will result in the student being asked to vacate the room when they return.
- No food or drinks (except water bottles and light snacks) are allowed in the rooms. This is the policy for the entire library. Delivery of food to the library is not permitted.
- Do not mark on the walls. White board erasers are available at the front desk.
- Use headphones/earphones so as to not disturb other students. The rooms are not soundproof.
Failure to adhere to these rules may result in library privileges to be revoked.