Kid Entrepreneur Academy (KEA)
If you are a parent of a kid (grades 5, 6, 7 or 8) who is interested in business or wants to be in business, then the Kid Entrepreneur Academy (KEA) summer day camp is an essential learning activity. KEA helps kids develop the business skills that will make them smart, savvy and successful in all areas of their lives. If you are a parent of a teenager, please visit the Teen Entrepreneur Academy. Kids are naturally creative, have amazing ideas, and are born risk-takers; all positive traits for creating successful businesses. At the Kid Entrepreneur Academy, we share skills and practical knowledge to facilitate your child’s business journey. Enroll your child in KEA and they will enjoy an interactive one-week business program of learning the principles of entrepreneurship and starting and running their own real-world business. KEA students also participate in a business plan competition. For high school students, we offer a Teen Entrepreneur Academy. Click here for information.
Stephen Christensen, Founder, KEA and Dean, School of Business
Monday, July 23 to Friday, July 27, 2018
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Held on the campus of Concordia University in Irvine, 1530 Concordia West, Irvine, CA 92612
$495 per child includes lunch, snacks and Academy tee shirt
$595 per international student
$700 for 2 siblings
$248 for half tuition
Open to grades 5, 6, 7 and 8.
firstname.lastname@example.org or (949) 214-3198.
Topics covered include:
- Principles of entrepreneurship and free-enterprise
- Characteristics of successful entrepreneurs
- How a business operates and makes money
- Introduction to financial principles
- Creating a profitable and sustainable business model
- Preparing a business budget
- Keeping business records and reports
- Investing, interest, and stocks
- Steps to starting your own business
- How to market and sell your product or service
- Write your own business start-up plan
- Present your PowerPoint business plan to business leaders in the KEA Business Plan Competition and win money.
The overall goal of KEA is to inspire students to create real businesses and realize a profit. The KEA has five educational goals:
- Teach students the relevancy of entrepreneurship
- Develop an entrepreneurial mindset while connecting their world to the world around them
- Provide students with the psychological benefits of ownership and empowerment so that vital business and life skills emerge
- Enable students to start exploring possible career options; and
- To show kids how their core academic learning applies to the world around them.
It’s never too early to teach kids about business and positive values. Positive and productive kids become positive and productive adults. The Kid Entrepreneur Academy is committed to developing the leaders of tomorrow.
Presented by the School of Business at Concordia University Irvine