This is the general profile of successful candidates in the past.
Download International Application ($150 application fee)
- ABSN applicants must have completed a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts in any discipline from a regionally accredited institution. Students will be able to transfer a maximum of seventy five (75) units total from a previous degree, including pre-requisite courses.
- Minimum required cumulative GPA is 3.25 (on a 4.0 scale). Cumulative GPA refers to the combination of bachelor degree and classes taken after degree completion.
- Prerequisite courses must be completed with a minimum cumulative GPA of B (3.0) or higher and a "C" or better must be earned in each course, except the science courses (see below). Complete list of pre-classes is listed here.
- Each science prerequisite class with lab must be completed with grade “B-” or higher. Must have been completed within the last five years of intended admission term. Of the four science prerequisite courses only two of them can be repeated once.
- Completion of a minimum of 100 hours of qualifying patient care experiences. Examples (but not limited to): Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), COPE Health Scholar/Clinical Care Extender, Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), Medical Assistant (back office), Home Health Aide, Physical Therapy (PT) Aide.
- Submit an online application to the ABSN program. All supporting documents, as listed on the application checklist, must be submitted by the application deadline.
- Admission interviews are required and by invitation only.
Accelerated BSN (ABSN) Required Supporting Documentations
With the exception of Foundation in Christian Theology and New Testament study, students may transfer all required pre-requisite units from any regionally accredited institution*. All science classes must also include a laboratory portion and be completed within 5 years of intended admission term. Online science classes with online/virtual/take home laboratories portion will not be accepted. View the complete list here.
Applicants are allowed to have a maximum of two (2) classes in-progress by the deadline with proof of enrollment.
*Coursework will be evaluated for transferability at the time of application.
The ABSN program admits students three times per year: Spring, Summer, and Fall terms. To be considered for ABSN admission, your completed application packet must be received by the admission office (either by mail or hand-delivered) on or before the deadline. Documents postmarked on the deadline date will be automatically disqualified. All incomplete files by the deadline will be cancelled and applicants will have to submit a new application for the following admission term.
NOTE: Due to recent Fall 2023 ABSN curriculum changes, the deadline for SUMMER 2023 and FALL 2023 admission has been adjusted.
Summer 2023 term: February 15, 2023. Classes begin in May 2023.
Fall 2023 term: February 15, 2023. Classes begin in August 2023.
Spring 2024 term: June 1, 2023. Classes begin in January 2024.
* If deadline falls on a public holiday or weekend, the deadline will automatically be forwarded to the following business day.
Nursing Admission Contacts