To be considered for admission to the master’s program, a student must:
- Have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or an international evaluation verifying the equivalent of a regionally accredited U.S. bachelor’s degree.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better (4.0 scale) in all previous college work is desired.
To be considered for admission with a cumulative GPA below 3.0, applicants must submit a petition letter. This letter of appeal should be addressed to the Admissions Committee and mailed/emailed to Rachel McCarthy in the Graduate Admissions Office, 1530 Concordia West, Irvine, CA 92612. For questions, contact Rachel McCarthy, MPH Admissions Counselor, at [email protected] or 949-214-3656.
Steps to Apply to the MPH Program
- Submit an online application for admission to the Graduate Admissions Office with a non-refundable application fee of $50.00 (see link above).
Provide ONE official transcript from the college or university that shows a confirmed bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university. (Transcripts must be received in an official SEALED envelope.) If the applicant’s degree is from a non-U.S. institution, an official, detailed transcript evaluation from an approved international credential evaluation service that shows the equivalent of a regionally accredited bachelor’s U.S. degree must be provided. The Office of Graduate Admissions has approved IERF as an approved vendor for transcript evaluation. Information regarding this can be found at www.IERF.org.
Note: A student may be conditionally accepted for one term (2-course maximum) with unofficial transcripts. However, students are not permitted to register for subsequent terms until the official transcripts are received. A “hold” will be placed on a student’s account if official transcripts are not received. To remove a hold, contact the Bursar’s office located on the 1st floor of Grimm Hall, or at (949) 214-3075.
- Submit a Statement of Intent: Applicants must submit a written essay (250-plus words) of personal, professional, and educational goals for becoming a healthcare administrator. Please discuss any healthcare experience (paid, volunteer, and/or internship).
- Provide a minimum of one professional reference. An additional personal reference is optional (online or PDF form).
- Submit a current professional resume.
Upon completion of all admission requirements, applicants will be contacted for a phone interview with the Program Director. Students who are accepted into the MPH program will receive formal decision letter via email.
Transfer of Credit
Students may transfer in up to 2 courses (6 units), provided the coursework meets all of the following criteria:
- Is graduate-level coursework, equivalent in learning objectives and outcomes required in the program course
- Was completed within the past five years from a regionally accredited university
- Is transcripted with a grade of “B” or above
Coursework will be evaluated by the program director for transferability at the time of application. Students may be required to provide a course syllabus or other supporting material to determine equivalency.
If you have any questions about the admissions process or requirements, please contact our admissions counselor,
Rachel McCarthy, at 949-214-3656 or [email protected].