At a Glance
Concordia University Irvine prepares students for their vocations—their various callings in life. CUI offers undergraduate, graduate, and online degree programs in a beautiful Southern California location, with online and regional cohort options. Concordia’s undergraduate program is distinctive among universities in California because of its nationally recognized Enduring Questions & Ideas (Q&I) Core program, and its Lutheran heritage that provides a thoughtful and caring Christian community that lives out the theology of "Grace Alone. Faith Alone."
CUI has been recognized for its quality...
- Total university enrollment: 4,123
- Undergraduate enrollment: 1,334
- Student to Faculty ratio: 17:1
- Full Time Faculty: 90
- Percentage of Full-time Faculty with Ph.D. or other terminal degree: 67.8%
Undergraduate First Year Profile
- Average GPA: 3.44 (weighted)
- Average SAT: 1038 (critical reading/math)
- Average Composite ACT: 23
- American Indian/Alaska Native: 0.4%
- Asian: 5.8%
- Black/African American: 4.5%
- Caucasian: 47.1%
- Hispanic: 23.4%
- International: 5.2%
- Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander: 0.3%
- Race/Ethnicity Unknown: 7.3%
- Two or More Races: 5.8%
Concordia University awards over $58 million of federal, state, and institutional financial aid each year. 100% of our student receive financial aid.
Student Clubs and Organizations: CUI has over 40 student organizations including service, honorary, social, and special interest clubs.
Community Service: CUI students, faculty, and staff perform thousands of hours of volunteer community service each year.
Athletics: Division II- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) | PacWest Conference
Housing: CUI has some of the most comfortable and accommodating residence halls in southern California. All students are encouraged to take advantage of these facilities.
Safety: The Department of Campus Safety provides a safe environment for members of the campus community 24/7, 365 days a year. The FBI named Irvine one of the safest cities in the nation.