The Wellness Center is dedicated to providing high quality medical and psychological care to our students in a private, confidential and safe setting. The staff is committed to the wellness of our students.
- Assessment and Treatment of Injuries and Illnesses
The Nurse Practitioner, utilizing policies and procedures developed collaboratively by a consulting physician and administration, will see students for assessment of illness and injury. She is able to provide treatment for a selected number of common health conditions. Referrals are made to community resources that are covered by their personal health insurance when possible for those areas that are beyond her scope of practice.
- TB (Tuberculosis) Testing: TB tests (PPD-Mantoux) are given on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and read two days later. The cost is $20.
- Immunizations (MMR, Tdap, Meningitis, Flu)
- Nurse Practitioner consultation on health topics
- Referral to community resources as needed
- Health Insurance Information
Entrance Health Requirements for Undergraduate Students:
- Undergraduate Health Form - history and physical examination
- Immunizations and TB Test Record Form (included in the Undergraduate Health Form)
Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR): 2 doses required; first dose given on or after first birthday.
Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Tdap): Must be within the last 10 years
TB Test (PPD-Mantoux): Must be completed within the last 6 months
Please have the immunizations and TB test completed before arriving on campus.
The above forms must be submitted to the Health Center by August 1st for the fall semester and by December 1st for the spring semester in order to obtain final clearance.
Things to Know:
- All visits and records are confidential.
- Medications: The Health Center has free samples of decongestants, cough medications, throat lozenges, Tylenol, Advil and other medications for common illnesses and injuries. Antibiotics may be purchased for approximately $10.00 for a typical 10-day course and may be paid by cash or check at time of service.
- Office visit charges: There is no charge for an office visit for full-time undergraduate students as this is part of their University fees. There is a fee of $25.00 for medical office visits for part-time and graduate students which must be paid at time of service. Office visits in the Health Center are not billed to health insurance.
The Wellness Center is located on the first floor of the Student Union building (next to the mail room).
Monday – Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Phone & Fax:
Wellness Center: (949) 214-3102