Today’s healthcare environment is extremely dynamic as it evolves towards future collaborative solutions. The healthcare industry is experiencing real and proposed changes in government regulations, resulting in a never before seen healthcare delivery landscape that will require a unique skill set that is immediately applicable and forward thinking. Instead of the traditional hospitals and clinics, the importance of community-based health care will emerge, playing a crucial role to the quality, cost, and access of care we all have come to appreciate.
With a focus on learning centered courses, community partnerships, advocacy, and scholarship, the bachelor's degree in Healthcare Management program at Concordia University Irvine will prepare you to take advantage of the career opportunities that the changing healthcare industry provides. The Healthcare Management major will educate you for professional positions, enhancing the operational efficiency and effectiveness of healthcare and related organizations and improving the delivery of healthcare services. Christian leadership principles are highlighted throughout the program’s curriculum. This undergraduate program provides you with solid academic depth to improve your opportunities to move into leadership positions in the industry.
Concordia University Irvine’s Healthcare Management major is...
- Comprehensive. The education we provide goes beyond textbooks and lectures. You can be involved with professional associations, attend healthcare conferences and forums, and intern at leading healthcare organizations - all of which contribute to your well-rounded education and broadens your professional view beyond healthcare management to learn about serving others.
- Focused. From the very beginning to the end of the program, you will be working toward the goal of entering the healthcare field or advancing your career. This is accomplished through the e-portfolio, an internship, mentorships and professional coaching, participation in relevant organizations, outside learning opportunities (forums, conferences, etc.), and the use of technology that emphasizes real data used in the industry.
- Practical. Concordia University Irvine’s Healthcare Management major provides both theory and practice in order to provide you with an education and experience that will prepare you for the challenges of the healthcare industry and for your job search.
- Progressive. Concordia University Irvine is ahead of other universities in adapting to the changes and emerging trends of the healthcare industry.
- Relevant. Our curriculum has been developed amidst the changing environment, giving us a unique perspective and opportunity to create a meaningful and relevant education.