Welcome to the Theatre Department
I am excited to share with you what CUI theatre is all about. I hope your time with us in this electronic realm will be useful. Here you can see images of our past productions, read our course listing, read interviews with alumni, and even read the resumes of our faculty members. We think it's important for you to get to know as much about us as possible, and we would like to get to know you. Please feel free to contact me or any other member of our faculty with any questions you might have.
Let me tell you a little bit about us. We offer a full theatre major, a theatre minor, a musical theatre minor and a theatre emphasis within the liberal studies major. Concordia Theatre students range from those who have a goal of a career in professional theatre (on and off stage) to non-theatre majors who participate for the sheer joy of it. We offer:
- A caring faculty of working artists and scholars and who value student growth
- 5 major productions each year and one gala musical review. Each season includes musical theatre and a balance of contemporary and classical comedy and drama.
- Opportunities in every facet of theatre production from stage managing and scenic painting to production design all overseen by our resident designer/technical director who has a wealth of professional experience
- A 180-seat flexible space studio theatre and an 800-seat amphitheatre
- Other theatre professionals who join the department to guest direct and design every season as well as providing lectures and workshops.
- A Resident Designer/Technical Director & staff have a wealth of professional experience they use to mentor students in technical areas
- 35+ theatre majors working towards degrees in theatre
- Theatre scholarships
There's so much more to share, so feel free to visit! We'd love to meet
you, show you our beautiful campus and invite you to one of our shows.
For more information, contact my colleague Prof. Tony Vezner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Lori C. Siekmann, Department Chair
We're proud to share that two of our own students and a faculty member have been recognized at regional theatre festival.