Faculty Training Opportunities
If you would like to receive personalized training, please email John.Randall@cui.edu or call 949-214-3358.
Join a webinar you registered for.
Ally (accessibility tool in Blackboard)
Register for one of the following 2019 webinars:
- Thursday, March 14, 1:30 PM to 2:00 PM
- Wednesday, March 20, 11:15 AM to 11:45 AM
- Tuesday, March 26, 9:30 AM to 10:00 AM
- Monday, April 1, 2:00 PM to 2:30 PM
- Friday, April 12, 9:30 AM to 10:00 AM
- Tuesday, April 16, 1:30 PM to 2:00 PM
- Wednesday, May 15, 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM
- Friday, June 7, 10:00 AM to 10:30 AM
- Monday, August 5, 2:00 PM to 2:30 PM
- Friday, August 16, 9:30 AM to 10:00 AM
- Tuesday, August 20, Noon to 12:30 PM
All faculty August 1, 2019 training presented by the Office of Innovative Instruction and eLearning. Topics to be announced.
- Plenary in DeNault, 10:30 AM to 11:45 AM
- Workshop 1, 1:15 PM to 2:15 PM
- Workshop 2, 2:30 PM to 3:30 PM
Our opening Fall 2018 workshop was held Wednesday, August 1. View the recording»
We were pleased to welcome Dr. Bonni Stachowiak, who is an adjunct for us in the Ed.D. program, a professor at Vanguard, and a prolific podcaster. The following was the topic of our discussion:
It can be challenging to engage learners. There are plentiful opportunities for distraction. Today’s students are juggling multiple priorities and come from such diverse contexts and cultures. It can also be difficult to make our class content meaningful and relevant for our students.
In this session, we will explore how to heighten the likelihood that students will engage in their learning in our classes. We will determine:
- Where we have the greatest leverage
- How and why to bring the element of surprise into our teaching
- Methods to use technology to engage
- When and how to put the tech away and go analog
- Bring a smartphone or a tablet to this session to take on a learner’s perspective when using educational technology.
Recordings Provided by Blackboard Consultants
- Building Communities Online
- Collaborate Ultra: Beyond the Basics
- Collaborate Ultra: Increasing Web Conferencing Success
- Collaborate Mobile Learning
- Designing Engaging Discussions
- Mastering the Gradebook
- Monitoring and Retaining Students
Blackboard Collaborate (online synchronous meeting tool)
You can join the trainings listed on this page by using the following link while in Google Chrome or Firefox:
Open Lab - come in and ask anything about educational technology or meet online using the Collaborate link listed above.
- Call (949-214-3358), email, or stop by (Admin 220F) to check for availability.
Online Learning Consortium