Stress & Fatigue
- Cultural adjustment issues may cause unanticipated physical reactions such as:
- Sleep loss
- Appetite changes
- Mood swings
- Stress and fatigue will take a toll on your body's immune system.
- You may need more sleep while abroad than you normally do at home.
To feel better:
- Talk to others (students, resident director, etc.) about adjustment issues.
- Do not overdo it - rest is essential for good health and overall well-being.
Remember Compound Effects
- Jet lag + Drinking + Stress + Languages Barrier + Homesickness...
The more adjustments you are coping with, the more you need to take care of yourself.