PLANNING YOUR 2013-2014 CLASS SCHEDULE
OPEN REGISTRATION INFORMATION
This letter explains the undergraduate registration procedures for the 2013-2014 Academic Year. All undergraduate students are required to be cleared to attend class. If you do not have any "holds," continuing students can register for classes in "MY RECORDS." Class changes can be made online or by form during the first two weeks of the semester. All new undergraduate students (new, transfer and readmit) must attend the New Student Orientation. New students should contact admissions (949) 214-3010 if they have any questions. Adult Degree and Graduate program students, please contact your school for registration instructions.
- How to be cleared to attend class: Check for "HOLDS" through "MY RECORDS" (under registration status). "Holds" must be cleared before you attend class. "Holds" will also prevent you from using our online services. To have your "holds" cleared before returning to campus, you can contact the specific departments. This will speed up your clearance process. PLEASE NOTE: "HOLDS" CAN BE ADDED AT ANY TIME. For Bursar's Office (3072) contact Bursar's Office, for financial aid (3066) contact Financial Aid Office and for the health office (3102) contact the Wellness Center.
- Schedule Changes. Use the Master Course Schedule to choose your classes. If you do not have any "Holds," you can register online through "MY RECORDS" on, or any time after your priority date. Class changes can be made online or by form during the first two weeks of the semester or during the first week for terms shorter than 15 weeks. Undergraduate students must have the Alternate (Registration) PIN provided by their advisor to make changes online. If you no longer have your Alternate PIN, please contact your academic advisor. New undergraduate students must contact advising for schedule changes (3034).
- Pay attention to the add/drop deadlines. You should check with your advisor regarding deadlines for your specific program. It is the student's responsibility to check their schedule and let your advisor know if you are planning on dropping any courses. Course changes are accepted during the first week for courses in terms less than 15 weeks and during the first two weeks for full-term (15 week) courses. The deadline is based on the term start date, not the course start date. It is the student's responsibility to officially drop a course if you plan on NOT attending to avoid being financially responsible for the course. You must formally withdraw from a course; non-attendance does not constitute a withdrawal. If you decide to drop or add a course after the first day of class, you must complete submit an add/drop form to the Registrar's Office. Our forms are available in the Registrar's Office or on our webpage under student forms. Students cannot use the online registration form to drop once the course has started.
- View student information on "MY RECORDS". You can view your transcripts to see which courses you have already taken through the student record menu. Also through the student record menu you can click on student information to view your major, minor, class level and advisor.
- Academic Advisor. Academic advisors are located in the Student Success Center across from the Gym. Advisors are available to answer any questions you have about your class schedule. New students should call the admissions department (3010) for instructions. Undergraduate students must have an Alternate (Registration) PIN to make schedule changes online. Please contact the advising department if you need your Alternate (Registration) PIN or have any question about advising. Please bring your Annual Course Plan to your advising appointment. Advisors: Dian Vieselmeyer, Jennifer Meyer, Tegan Thacker, Lisa Dore and Angela Min.
- Register online. Returning undergraduate students will need their Alternate (Registration) PIN, assigned by their advisor, to make changes online. Log in to MY RECORDS using your Student ID Number and Banner PIN. From the Student Services menu, navigate to the Registration menu then go to Add/Drop Classes. It will ask for your Alternate (Registration) PIN to register online. Click here to access "MY RECORDS." New undergraduate students must contact academic advising for schedule changes (3034). Adult Degree and Graduate program students should contact their school advisor for online registration instructions. Please contact the Registrar's Office (3079) for registration permission (time ticket) for our summer online courses.
The Registrar's Office will be open during normal business hours to help students make schedule changes. You must be cleared before any changes can be made to your schedule. The Registrar's Office is located in Grimm Hall on the 1st Floor during the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. (Please note: The Registrar's Office closes at noon on Fridays during the summer months.)
Please plan ahead and check our academic calendar for the class start dates for our undergraduate students. Graduate students should check with their school for start dates and class locations. If you have any registration questions please call (949) 214-3079 or e-mail the Registrar's Office.
Clearance Process:How to Clear Your HOLD(s) Prior to Clearance Dates & Times:
Note: Adult Degree and Graduate program students do not need to come to campus for clearance. They should contact the appropriate department to clear their "holds" before attending class.
- You must check "MY RECORDS" for HOLD(s) from, Bursar's Office, Financial Aid, and the Health Office. ("Holds" can be placed in "MY RECORDS" at any time)
- You can clear your hold(s) by contacting the specific department, Bursar's Office (x3072), Financial Aid (x3066), or the Health Office (x3102).