Transfer Students Admission Requirements
A transfer student is an applicant who transfers from a community, state or private college with 30 or more semester, or 45 or more quarter, units completed at an accredited college or university.
There are three ways to fill out an application:
Application Fee Note: We are waiving the $50 online application fee until December 31!
- Official College Transcript(s)
Official transcript from each institution attended, covering all collegiate-level work under-taken during your absence from Concordia. Good standing at each institution is required. Official transcripts must be sent directly from the college in a sealed envelope or hand-carried to Concordia University.
Mail it to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Concordia University Irvine
1530 Concordia West
Irvine, CA 92612
- Official High School Transcript.
Official high school transcript (which indicates and verifies graduation) must be sent directly from the high school in a sealed envelope or hand-carried to Concordia University.
All applicants must submit a Letter of Recommendation from an Academic Instructor, Counselor, Pastor, or Employer.
- Cumulative college GPA of a 2.3 or higher
- Graduated from a high school or earned a GED
- 30 (or more) semester units / 45 (or more) quarter units
- A maximum of 70 semester units are accepted from a two-year accredited
- A maximum of 96 semester units are accepted from a four-year accredited
- IGETC (Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum)
- CSU (California State University General Education Breadth Requirements)
- A.A. (Associate of Arts)
- A.S. (Associate of Science)
Note: Certification of IGETC, CSU, or an A.A. or A.S. degree that meets the CSU General Education Breadth Requirements satisfies the General Education requirements at Concordia with the exception of the Enduring Questions & Ideas (Q&I) Core and Theology course requirements. For a list of Q&I Core requirements for transfer students see www.cui.edu/qi.
Students are classified into the following levels based on completed semester units:
- Freshman: 0—29.99 units
- Sophomore: 30—59.99 units
- Junior: 60—89.99 units
- Senior: 90 units and above
|Early Action II (Priority)
Note: Applications received after April 1 are reviewed on a rolling basis, and it is recommended that students apply well in advance. Once your application is complete, it usually takes two weeks to receive an admissions decision, depending upon the time of year.
- Do I need 60 units to transfer?
No, we require a minimum of 24 semester units or 36 quarter units completed at the time of application.
- How many units will transfer?
A Preliminary Evaluation of transfer credit will be completed on all previous work upon acceptance.
- Are majors impacted?
- Is Math required before I transfer?
No, Math is required for graduation but not required to transfer.
- Is campus housing available?
Those students who are 22 years of age or older as of Friday, August
14th, 2015 (start of WOW orientation) are not required to live on
campus. Students who are 21 years of age and younger, as of August
14th, 2015, are required to live on campus. Students who are 21 years
of age or younger who desire to live off campus must submit an
Off-Campus Housing Appeal form, which can be obtained from the Housing
Office (Sigma 154).
- Do you offer Study Abroad opportunities?
The Office of Global Programs heartily encourages its students to study abroad at some point in their academic career. Several possibilities exist: missionary trips, service learning trips, faculty-led trips, and study abroad for a semester.
- Am I required to take religion courses?
Yes, all transfer students must take one general education course in theology for each year of attendance at Concordia.
- Do you offer Academic Advising?
Yes, Concordia offers personalized advising from enrollment to graduation.
- Does Concordia have Career Services?
Yes, our Career Services Department provides individual counseling and numerous resources to assist students with their internship, graduate school and career decisions.
For more information
Concordia University Irvine
1530 Concordia West, Irvine, CA 92612